Jeep Washing

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
How often do you guys wash your Jeeps and do you wash it after wheeling every time? Just picked up a new jeep and it stayed clean for about 2 hours. Been taking it off-road nearly everyday. (There's a nice trail 2 miles from my house). I haven't washed it cause I know I'll be wheeling in a few days. I guess my question is this - Is there any harm to it washing after going out on the trails?

Also I'd imagine it's best to do it yourself. Do you trust taking it to a car wash? If so which ones should I avoid?

I've got a million and one questions. Brace yourselves!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It's nice to have a girl that gets all cleaned up right before she gets dirty. I usually wash it once a week or so but just with a hose, no scrubbing. After a run, I use a pressure washer. The Jeep, that is.

Amrth

I got here thinking that somebody is offering a Bikini Jeep wash for WAL members.. :cheesy: Man so dam bored now.. waiting for some Jeep washing memes to pop up..

black pearl

Hooked
I wash mine right before I go wheeling. as a gauge, to see how much fun I had. Then I wash it a day or so after, pressure wash first ,big fluffy brush with soapy water second, shammy dry and quick wax

jesse3638

Hooked
Leaf blower is for detailing the inside after a dusty trail day![emoji23]

Use a leaf blower to dry it off - saves a lot of time if you are washing that often
I've always used the air compressor for the inside, a leaf blower will work better..:). Also I have a water softener at my house so it'd work great for drying it too I bet. I'll have to give it a try.

Mine gets fully detailed once a year before the top goes on. Other than that it's a clean windshield and mirrors, quick vacuum, and spot rinse as needed as I run around with no doors 6-8 months a year.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

seansheds

After a dirty run I'll take it to a car wash so I can get underneath really well. Otherwise I hand wash about every two weeks. No rain in SoCal which helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deezus

I wash after every wheeling trip. I got the hook up at my local car wash. $69 unlimited $30 washes. I end up paying $14 more for the hand wash cus i run doors off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I wash mine with multi-surface windex if it doesn't rain for a few weeks at the time, then proceed with quick detail spray. Other than that once a week. In the winter, every time it snows to wash the road chemicals off.
When I do wash it, I wash it real good. I kinda OCD about having my jeep clean. And of course all around OCD detail after every wheelin trip.
I like to play and get dirty, but also like to be clean for the mall [emoji854]

Desertman

IMG_0496.jpg I do a jack wash after every trip. The sand has a high salt content. So it is a pressure wash followed by a foam wash. We get a lot of sand storms so to turn up to events in good shape I wash and polish before the trip. IMG_0498.jpg IMG_1071.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

I try to power wash it within the day of mud getting on. Then I wash after I thoroughly get the mud clean. I usually swap towels through the washing out also so I don't get any small bits of rock and swirl mark the paint. I've been washing about once a week and putting wax on about every 3 washes.

Top Bottom