A/C Question

JordanBurgin

Alright everybody, quick question. The A/C in my Commander is ice cold. But, recently when it's very hot, it seems to blow a little warm while sitting in traffic. Once I start rolling again, it turns back nice and cold. I read that it could be as simple as replacing the cabin air filter. Any ideas or tips? Thanks! [emoji1365]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kalums

Alright everybody, quick question. The A/C in my Commander is ice cold. But, recently when it's very hot, it seems to blow a little warm while sitting in traffic. Once I start rolling again, it turns back nice and cold. I read that it could be as simple as replacing the cabin air filter. Any ideas or tips? Thanks! [emoji1365]

With out taking it to a professional there are many options I already see I will start with the cheapest:
Yes if you have a cabin air filter check that first. A clogged or restricted air filter can cause that symptom.
Do you use the recirculation setting? If you do it could be cycling through a "defrost" cycle.
If it's new(or atleast still under the full warranty) have the stealership inspect it. Depending on your stealership this is usually free under warranty.
Some vehicles idle just slightly too low because of emissions crap to keep the compressor working at peak proficiency... Nothing you can do about this one really (new vehicles are computer controlled so you can't really adjust the idle)
It could be slightly low of freon. If you have never had it serviced before, my suggestion would be to have the freon cycled (part of a full inspection and service, they evacuate the old freon and oil and put in new stuff) this however can get expensive quick. Also if you do have this done make sure they put in UV leak detector (if they argue with you, tell them it's for your peace of mind) The factory doesn't always fill the freon completely 100 percent of the time... You might have gotten a fluke.

If any of this is wrong someone please jump in... I am by no means a master of all knowledge. But I hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Also listen for the engine fan. It should kick on occasionally to pull air across the condenser. If it does not cycle, but cools down when driving (forcing air across condenser) then you could have a problem in your fan control circuit.

Top Bottom