SPOD and ARB TWIN CAM??

Newjeep15

So my friend has a 2003 JEEP TJ and he wants me to do an install of a LED Light bar set up and a Twin Cam ARB Compressor. I have a JK and am not currently versed in any of the TJ stuff. I have a similar set up with the actual lights.. and the Twin Cam.. but i do not run an SPOD... I have a M.O.R.E. ARB Compressor mount and elected to stay away from the SPOD due to the space it took up under the hood and did all my own wiring and relays.. however.. its his money.. so i was thinking SPOD for his.. lol.. or any other brand that is equivalent? and will an SPOD and a twin cam fit under the hood of a TJ? any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thank you JP

JAGS

Hooked
You're 2 for 2. First SPOD and then N4x4. Care to bring up any other asshole companies?

Order your shit from QTEC. They are legit and actually delivery what was sold and if there is any issue, the customer service is above average.

You're 2 for 2. First SPOD and then N4x4. Care to bring up any other asshole companies?

Order your shit from QTEC. They are legit and actually delivery what was sold and if there is any issue, the customer service is above average.

It's possible since he's a new member that he doesn't know those "asshole" companies like we do. I made the same mistake a couple times as well during my first week on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Newjeep15

Is this site just a asshole police show? or do you guys have any usefull information as far as products go... that you have tested... and tried... 99 percent of the world is assholes.. if you guys cant purchase from assholes.. you are gonna have a very very rough time finding jeep parts.. just saying... so if you have any useful information in regards to products.. let me know.. i can get this kinda information on Facebook from the idiots that are on their sites...

Sorry.. not sorry.. just looking for Technical information.. as i thought this was a tech forum for TJ...

Thank you Labricon and Waya... for the useful information

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

Is this site just a asshole police show? or do you guys have any usefull information as far as products go... that you have tested... and tried... 99 percent of the world is assholes.. if you guys cant purchase from assholes.. you are gonna have a very very rough time finding jeep parts.. just saying... so if you have any useful information in regards to products.. let me know.. i can get this kinda information on Facebook from the idiots that are on their sites...

Sorry.. not sorry.. just looking for Technical information.. as i thought this was a tech forum for TJ...
You asked for info. The response was "Most don't run spod because of their sketchy behavior but try SwitchPros or Painless."

How is that not helpful?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

So why don't you go just get your information on Facebook.

jkris

This isn't the only place that has had problems with SPOD. They have very shady business practices. That being said, most here will not support these companies because of their practices. Hence why most here won't offer any tech support help for them. I trust you understand the position on this. I am sure if you were personally burned by a business, you would neither recommend them nor help them. And if you do, more power to you but I personally take recommendations from fellow jeepers as most are just looking out for the community. I am certain that if you need the info bad enough a YouTube video or two are floating around to help you with your endeavors. Good luck.

JAGS

Hooked

Thank you Labricon and Waya... for the useful information

QTEC. That is very useful info I've provide. I use them all the time.

Switch pros. Painless. Done.

That info has already been shared by WAL. What other tech info are you looking for? We're a wealth of knowledge, just ask. [emoji106]

deezus

I can only share my experience, i have bought lots of stuff from N4x4 and have not had one issue. I also own an spod. I thought i had an issue with it, called there tech support and a girl amswered, she told me she would have someone call me back. 30 minutes later the owner called me from SEMA. Found out it was my light bar making the whining noise. This is just my 2 cents and may not reflect everyones experience. This doesn't mean what everyone is saying isnt true it just means maybe these companies have learned from thier mistakes, thats all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
I can only share my experience, i have bought lots of stuff from N4x4 and have not had one issue. I also own an spod. I thought i had an issue with it, called there tech support and a girl amswered, she told me she would have someone call me back. 30 minutes later the owner called me fro. SEMA. Found out it was my light bar making the whining noise. This is just my 2 cents and may not reflect everyones experience. This doesn't mean what everyone is saying isnt true it just means maybe these companies have learned from thier mistakes, thats all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The points being made by this forum and other users on spod and N4x4 have been totally missed in the above. Thanks for sharing though. [emoji23][emoji23]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can only share my experience, i have bought lots of stuff from N4x4 and have not had one issue. I also own an spod. I thought i had an issue with it, called there tech support and a girl amswered, she told me she would have someone call me back. 30 minutes later the owner called me from SEMA. Found out it was my light bar making the whining noise. This is just my 2 cents and may not reflect everyones experience. This doesn't mean what everyone is saying isnt true it just means maybe these companies have learned from thier mistakes, thats all.

Never said I had a problem with NR4x4, just that I no longer choose to do business with them because they have chosen to compete directly against Cindy and I in what we do and in a way that shamelessly attempts to rip off our creative style. I would prefer that members not support them as a show of support for WAYALIFE and also because there are plenty of other great vendors out there who offer great prices and service.

Regarding SPOD, learning from one's mistake can also mean they're just a lot smarter about not getting caught. A simple owning up to what they did and apologizing for their actions would have spoken volumes but that would require honesty and integrity.

Newjeep15

This isn't the only place that has had problems with SPOD. They have very shady business practices. That being said, most here will not support these companies because of their practices. Hence why most here won't offer any tech support help for them. I trust you understand the position on this. I am sure if you were personally burned by a business, you would neither recommend them nor help them. And if you do, more power to you but I personally take recommendations from fellow jeepers as most are just looking out for the community. I am certain that if you need the info bad enough a YouTube video or two are floating around to help you with your endeavors. Good luck.

Agreed... i got all that.. so thats what i was looking for... just the info.. on whatever products.. you suggest... instead of.. assholes... anyways.. peace... thank you for your assistance..

Newjeep15

QTEC. That is very useful info I've provide. I use them all the time.

Switch pros. Painless. Done.

That info has already been shared by WAL. What other tech info are you looking for? We're a wealth of knowledge, just ask. [emoji106]

Thank you Jags...

and i guess the question still out there is the mount for the ARB compressor... who makes it... and i know the M.O.R.E. mount that i have on mine (JK) will work with the particular brand that is not suggested here...

i guess i figured why reinvent the wheel.. i was just looking for like the three pieces..

1. a mount for the compressor..
2. the switches that someone has used and where they mounted them..
3. and that the whole set up fits under the hood of a TJ..

You are correct there is a wealth of knowledge here at wayalife..

i had no idea that it had become so political though.. my bad..

Top Bottom