After Market Switches, Wiring and Relays

USOWEN

just want to see what everyone does with their wiring for lights and stuff.

I have an inverter mounted under my driver's seat using a premade harness I got from wish. I'm about to add two sets off lights and wanted to see something cleaner before I add more harnesses.

any pics are appreciated!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you only ever plan to use lights rough country makes a panel but it's not rated for anything else. Otherwise, as stated, painless or switch pros. Both have pros and cons.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, Painless makes a great kit that I would highly recommend and they help support WAYALIFE. Switch Pros also makes a great kit.

JAGS

Hooked
I use the switch pros. It's good for what it is and not overly expensive. Though convenient, I haven't been able to get the Bluetooth function to work as I want.

I didn't install the main unit, but have wired up some lights and that part is super easy.

As others have said. I think there are plus and minus for all these wiring choices.

IMG_1659.jpg
IMG_9183.jpg

Frydaddy

If youre good with a wire crimper, I say you could build something as custom as you want. Ive got more documentation, but here's a summary.

Those switch blanks can be turned into actual switches
1463258550617.jpg

Bussmann fuse blocks are awesome! (my wire routing, is not. At least everything is hidden.)
IMG_20160508_174320306.jpg

A little planning goes a long way...
pdf.jpg

Rear power outlets. (the inverter is bigger now.)
IMG_20160604_184347678.jpg

Rear lighting, antenna, and brake light on an extendable platform.
IMG_20161229_152010725.jpg

Frydaddy

Rear light/antenna/brake is really sharp! Thank you for posting!

Though not exactly electrical, I recently added true onboard air, and running water to my rig.

There is a connection front and rear with an air chuck, and a garden hose fitting.
The pumps are mounted in the cavities behind the brake lights, to save space.
And the air tank is metal-strapped under the cabin, the water tank is the rear bumper (for now) that holds about 8 gallons.
IMG_20170703_145036216.jpg

Top Bottom