97 cherokee xj air-con

bobbyb6828

Hello. So here is my problem. My A/C had never worked so I decided to replace the condenser and accumulator still wouldn't hold a charge so I had the mechanics look at it where I work and they have since replaced all the lines and ripped the dash out and replaced the evap and even replaced my condenser again! Pumped it full of dye and charged it several times and still it leaks out in half a day and still can spot any leaks and I'm tired of them throwing parts at it and I don't even want to see my bill! SO PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! Starting to think I've wasted alot of money for nothing.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Hello. So here is my problem. My A/C had never worked so I decided to replace the condenser and accumulator still wouldn't hold a charge so I had the mechanics look at it where I work and they have since replaced all the lines and ripped the dash out and replaced the evap and even replaced my condenser again! Pumped it full of dye and charged it several times and still it leaks out in half a day and still can spot any leaks and I'm tired of them throwing parts at it and I don't even want to see my bill! SO PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! Starting to think I've wasted alot of money for nothing.

My daughter has an xj and I've paid 2 or 3 times to get the ac fixed and it still doesn't work. It is rust free and got her through college but it's not a good vehicle for her long term. It always smells like coolant when I see her but I never have to add any and luckily it has never overheated

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If it has a new evaporator and leak is that large and shop can't find it, I'd suggest another shop looking at it. You could also pick up a UV light yourself and look. Check around front seal of compressor. Also, there is a chance if high side has a restriction or fan isn't working that the refrigerant is pumping out of the compressor's safety pop valve, but there would be refrigerant everywhere and a light wouldn't even be needed to see it.

bobbyb6828

If it has a new evaporator and leak is that large and shop can't find it, I'd suggest another shop looking at it. You could also pick up a UV light yourself and look. Check around front seal of compressor. Also, there is a chance if high side has a restriction or fan isn't working that the refrigerant is pumping out of the compressor's safety pop valve, but there would be refrigerant everywhere and a light wouldn't even be needed to see it.
Yeah idk I'll have to take it to another shop I wouldn't think they would be trying to fuck me over since I work there in a different dept. But yeah was hoping someone had the same problem . I'll see what a different shop says.

bobbyb6828

Yeah idk I'll have to take it to another shop I wouldn't think they would be trying to fuck me over since I work there in a different dept. But yeah was hoping someone had the same problem . I'll see what a different shop says.

Well we figured it out its stupid what was wrong but the previous owner had removed the condenser fan and fuse so they never realized it even had one and neither did I but when they compared my engine bay to another person's jeep at work it finally clicked lol so yeah a condenser fan makes a he'll of a difference on if the ac is going to work or not.

WJCO

Meme King
It's amazing someone would do something like that. Regardless, where is the freedom leaking from?

Top Bottom