Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 97 cherokee xj air-con

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3

    97 cherokee xj air-con

    Hello. So here is my problem. My A/C had never worked so I decided to replace the condenser and accumulator still wouldn't hold a charge so I had the mechanics look at it where I work and they have since replaced all the lines and ripped the dash out and replaced the evap and even replaced my condenser again! Pumped it full of dye and charged it several times and still it leaks out in half a day and still can spot any leaks and I'm tired of them throwing parts at it and I don't even want to see my bill! SO PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! Starting to think I've wasted alot of money for nothing.

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #2
    Old Timer JKbrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Leo, Indiana
    Posts
    3,666
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb6828 View Post
    Hello. So here is my problem. My A/C had never worked so I decided to replace the condenser and accumulator still wouldn't hold a charge so I had the mechanics look at it where I work and they have since replaced all the lines and ripped the dash out and replaced the evap and even replaced my condenser again! Pumped it full of dye and charged it several times and still it leaks out in half a day and still can spot any leaks and I'm tired of them throwing parts at it and I don't even want to see my bill! SO PLEASE HELP! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO! Starting to think I've wasted alot of money for nothing.

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My daughter has an xj and I've paid 2 or 3 times to get the ac fixed and it still doesn't work. It is rust free and got her through college but it's not a good vehicle for her long term. It always smells like coolant when I see her but I never have to add any and luckily it has never overheated


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,319
    If it has a new evaporator and leak is that large and shop can't find it, I'd suggest another shop looking at it. You could also pick up a UV light yourself and look. Check around front seal of compressor. Also, there is a chance if high side has a restriction or fan isn't working that the refrigerant is pumping out of the compressor's safety pop valve, but there would be refrigerant everywhere and a light wouldn't even be needed to see it.

  4. #4
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If it has a new evaporator and leak is that large and shop can't find it, I'd suggest another shop looking at it. You could also pick up a UV light yourself and look. Check around front seal of compressor. Also, there is a chance if high side has a restriction or fan isn't working that the refrigerant is pumping out of the compressor's safety pop valve, but there would be refrigerant everywhere and a light wouldn't even be needed to see it.
    Yeah idk I'll have to take it to another shop I wouldn't think they would be trying to fuck me over since I work there in a different dept. But yeah was hoping someone had the same problem . I'll see what a different shop says.

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #5
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb6828 View Post
    Yeah idk I'll have to take it to another shop I wouldn't think they would be trying to fuck me over since I work there in a different dept. But yeah was hoping someone had the same problem . I'll see what a different shop says.

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Well we figured it out its stupid what was wrong but the previous owner had removed the condenser fan and fuse so they never realized it even had one and neither did I but when they compared my engine bay to another person's jeep at work it finally clicked lol so yeah a condenser fan makes a he'll of a difference on if the ac is going to work or not.

    Sent from my SM-S903VL using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #6
    Meme King WJCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    19,319
    It's amazing someone would do something like that. Regardless, where is the freedom leaking from?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS