Another Jeep Biuld Planning Question: EVO Bolt on Coilover and High Clearance Long Ar

gmb425

Just want to get some filament advise on two EVO products. Do these products work together without any issues? Thanks in advanced

EVO MFG LONG ARM UPGRADE KIT, USE WITH EVOLEVER, JK/JKU, 2007-2017
Screenshot_20170709-142500.jpg

PACKAGE – EVO MFG BOLT-ON-COILOVER (FRONT AND REAR)
Screenshot_20170709-142643.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The short answer is yes, they work very well together. In fact, the only issue I'v ever heard of with the long arms working with anything else is some slider mounts, and that can be gotten around.

Last edited:

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I think those high clearance arms for DTD require you to cut off control arm mounts and shock mounts on the rear axle. Form what I understand the control arm brackets are provided and need to be welded onto the axle but there are no shock mounts provided. Those need to fabricated and welded up onto the axle as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

gmb425

I think those high clearance arms for DTD require you to cut off control arm mounts and shock mounts on the rear axle. Form what I understand the control arm brackets are provided and need to be welded onto the axle but there are no shock mounts provided. Those need to manufactured and welded up onto the axle as well.

🤘thank you

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I think those high clearance arms for DTD require you to cut off control arm mounts and shock mounts on the rear axle. Form what I understand the control arm brackets are provided and need to be welded onto the axle but there are no shock mounts provided. Those need to manufactured and welded up onto the axle as well.

He's right, I didn't realize that was the dtd long arm kit. You want the EVO MFG DOUBLE D LONG ARM UPGRADE JK/JKU SKU: EVO-1085 This one will work with the bolt on coilovers. Brackets are bolt on but can be welded. Same price too.

gmb425

Benito

Caught the Bug
The high clearance long arm kit will require you to fab up some shock mounts for the rear axle as it requires you to cut off the lower control arm bracket and relocate it towards the front of the axle you will also have to relocate your axle swaybar mounts. I have looked into this as I plan on using the high clearance frame brackets with a coil/spring set up. It is possible but requires custom fab work. From pictures that I have seen, and I may be wrong, I think you could use your stock lower control arm mount and the high clearance bracket if you get a longer lower control arm than what is provided with the kit. I have the high clearance kit sitting in my garage but I haven't started working on it yet. Here are some pics that Eddie posted of the underside of Rubicat when it ran bolt on coilovers and the high clearance kit:

IMG_3912.JPG

IMG_3913.JPG

gmb425

The high clearance long arm kit will require you to fab up some shock mounts for the rear axle as it requires you to cut off the lower control arm bracket and relocate it towards the front of the axle you will also have to relocate your axle swaybar mounts. I have looked into this as I plan on using the high clearance frame brackets with a coil/spring set up. It is possible but requires custom fab work. From pictures that I have seen, and I may be wrong, I think you could use your stock lower control arm mount and the high clearance bracket if you get a longer lower control arm than what is provided with the kit. I have the high clearance kit sitting in my garage but I haven't started working on it yet. Here are some pics that Eddie posted of the underside of Rubicat when it ran bolt on coilovers and the high clearance kit:

View attachment 267382

View attachment 267383

I had no idea. Thanks for the breakdown; very helpful.

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

Top Bottom