Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Interesting project. I found this, which looks similar to what you have in mind. For me, it seems impractical for a roof top tent. I’m interested to see where you end up.

https://youtu.be/jvRf7bLXkQE

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Or, for about $60 all in, you could just buy a small Mr. Heater.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Or, for about $60 all in, you could just buy a small Mr. Heater.
    Or one of those electric “back seat” heaters from Rampage, Rugged Ridge, etc. I think I’d prefer that over something than runs on fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Hi Guys,

a heater like Planar 2D have some big benefits over the things you named.

I have had used a heater like "mr. heater" and I cant recommend it. If you are sleeping or let dry alone the tent, maybe the gas or air heater will flip and starts a fire. Also this sort of heater gets very hot. Gas-Heaters also produce CO2 so you should never run one in a small room like a tent.

Specialy in winter you have a lot of condensations water in you tent/on the tent walls. If you have a heater like the Planar 2D, you get warm dry air in and it move the cold, wet air out. Also the Planar 2D have a sensor, so you can pree sett a temperature you like. The heater will automatically adjust the power that is needed to hold the temperature you have set.

If you are getting wet in the rain, you can hang your cloths in your tent and let them try. Its not for a week-end trip with some good weather. The Planar 2D Box I build is made for a longer trip with up to -10°, snow and ice.

To run the planar I will use my car batteries, so I dont need to carry one extra. I also will made a quick connect to my fuel tank, so I just need to plug the planar in and everything work. Dont wanna carry extra diesel in my car.

Lg
    Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon 2.8 CRD, MY 15, Anvil, 2,5" Lift with 37" and some other stuff.

My build: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...uot-to-37-quot

Subscribed. The heater idea seems pretty interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213