Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Hooked

before i start with the 37" story i want to tell you, that i picked up a set of Mopar Half Doors in December 2016 =) I love them. The upper window is a used set i bought on ebay for 70€ (thats about 80$ i think), the mirror are from ebay to. Cheep china mirros for 40€ each, to keep the costs low. Unfortunately i didnt found used half doors, so i had to buy them new for 1900€- that hurts.

So, if you life in Germany and you want 37" ... choosing tires is easy. There are just 5 with "E-Mark". BFG KM2 M/T, Cooper STT and STT Pro, Maxxis Trepador and the Federal Couragia M/T. I knew the Federal from my 33", was happy with them. So i picked them. But maybe its the wrong start to choose tires. Maybe i should ask the TÜV first (German safety monitoring agency) before i buy tires. I decided to go with the company "Allrad Schmitt" to make it TÜV approved, because the TÜV engineer are more "tolerant" if a company ask them. Fortunately, the answer from the engineer was positive. Until now the responsible engineer just have registered 37" in combination with 4,5" lifts (just AEV Lifts because there is a safty report for this combination), but he said he will do it, if there is no rubbing, enough shock travel and the tires have to be fully covered by the fenders. To fit the emission law i need at least 4.10 gears in the axle.

Sound possible to me! I placed the order.

First, i visit a shop for the gear change. I do not trust myself to do it by my own. Fortuitously i get a set of 4,10 gears for 200 bucks. The gears was just used 100km. Nearly new. That helped me to keep the costs low.

looks massive ..

Bevor i picked my tires up, i unbolted the Rubiconrails and the rockslider from white-knuckleoffroad because i was sure that the tire will rub by normal riding.

I just smiled the whole week after i picked up my JK with the new tires on. Okay, maybe i smile til today

First, i looked for a place to test the flex. I unbolted the fender so mark where to cut of.

not good ...

The original AEV front bumpstops are long enough. The front fits, i just have to limit the steering.

Improved bumpstops to get an idea how high the bumpstops should be.

Okay. I think i start with the inner fenders. No notion how to get the AEV bumper fit. Time to starting cutting ... and cut ... and cut ... and paint.

In the meantime my neighbor customized some bumpstops for me.

The black one is from AEV. The silver one are customized.

to be continued ...
    Last edited by Foley; 07-10-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Hooked

Okay. The bumpstops are high enough and i cuttet enough from the inner fenders. Now .. how to geht the AEV bumper fit? First, i tried to leave off the plastik tanks. But thats looks stupid.

So i have to cut the tanks. I ve a bad feeling doing this. Maybe it looks like rubbish, but there is no other way if i will keep this bumper.

"the point of no return"

doing a template...

.. screw and glue

... grinding ...

.. and painting with Herculiner spray to match the AEV plastic finish:

What do you all mean?

No rubbing

Testing it:

After this, the last and final step be imminent: The TÜV Registration.

What should I say?

It finaly wroks

... to be continued ...
    Last edited by Foley; 07-10-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Damn you building this thing quick

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post

Hi,

it looks like that - but the build is from 2014 up to now

Lg

Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Wow! 37's on a 2.5 lift...... this is NOT good news for my wife! Thanks for posting all of this. I have been thinking about trimmed or similar Bushwacker fender flares as yours but had no clue until now if I would like it with the AEV bumper. Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by thereich View Post
    You're not allowed to post that German version with the diesel in it.. because theres a lot of jealousy here in the states... Just messing with ya, you have a very nice functional build my friend!
    That's what I was looking at! I'm thinking "Does this guy know he has a turbo under his hood?" He was going on about the intake and I'm like "what about the friggin turbo??"
    Ahh...diesel. Now I'm more jealous. Welcome and nice build.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by thereich View Post
    You're not allowed to post that German version with the diesel in it.. because theres a lot of jealousy here in the states... Just messing with ya, you have a very nice functional build my friend!
    Hi,

if you like the Diesel. Why you bought a petrol version?

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Hi,

if you like the Diesel. Why you bought a petrol version?
    We can't get the diesel engine in the United States.
    '14 JK
    Follow me on IG - @thereich

Hooked
    Okay... Don't see the point why you can't buy the Diesel in US

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast