Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Okay... Don't see the point why you can't buy the Diesel in US
    A dumb ass Government and EPA regulations. I don't understand why either.
    '14 JK
    Follow me on IG - @thereich

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar
    Very nice Jeep. Even with the regulations you have limiting your build, it appears very capable. Great job so far, and I really like the custom work on the bumper end caps and bumpstops.

Nice fab work!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That diesel sounds sexy

--Erin
    --Erin

Hooked
    Thank you.

Hooked
    Hi,

just a little update: I got my new Gobi mount. The roof rack is now closer to the body. I think its better. I also weldet a knew brace to the Gobi, so i can mount the tent better.

I also weldet a knew brace to the Gobi, so i can mount the tent better.

... and two angel for the Foxwing.

I also got the EVO Fascia Bumper. But to make it street legal, there is some costumwork to do. But not know. I - or better us, have to do holiday preparations.

I ordered some OME Bp51 shocks after i tried these shocks in Bad Kissingen "Abendteuer Allrad" - the biggest 4x4 fair in Germany. The BP51 are so awsome. I hope i get the shocks quick. For the back I go with the 4-6" version to get more flex. I hope I have measured properly and they fit.
    Last edited by Foley; 07-29-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Looking good man

Very beautifull jk. I have travelled all over germany and i have never seen a wrangler! Good to know there are some well build jks there! Enjoy!

Sent from my LG-D855 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Hi,

thanks guys.

You dont see JKs often in Germany. Thahts right. There are some reasons:

- High fuel consumption; and fuel is expensive here. Diesel is around 1,10€ per liter - thahts around 4,90$ per gallon. Petrol is about 6,21$ per gallon
    - most People here buy 4x4 like the JK oder Landrover Defender for towing. Since 2012 the JK towing rate is down to 2,000kg for the 4 Door and 1,000kg to 2 Door. This is very low. So normaly people choose a pickup or SUVs like the Grand Cherokee for this.
    - the JK has a low payload. So it's not the best choice for overlanding.

Thats the reason why normaly People choose the Landrover Defender. But since they stop building the Defender you see the JK more often on German roads.

I like my JK. Would not give him up for anything in the world. Someday i ship my JK to the US and drive through the beautiful country by my own Jeep.

Lg

Hooked
    Update: Got my new Shocks

Old Men Emu Bp51 for the rear

Old Men Emu BP51 4-6" vs Fox 2.0 Remote Reservoir 1,5"-3,5 - jep, the OME Shocks are really short!

But they fit to the 2,5" AEV suspension because i have longer bumpstops to fit the 37" tires.

The factory shock mount does not fit to the BP51 shocks. I need to change the mounting with a longer bolt and a spacer. But I thinks its okay for testing.

Now I just need longer swaybar links, so I can use the longer travel of the shocks.

Btw, the shocks are pretty impressiv. Makes the 2 Door comfortable as the 4 door. No bumpy ride.

Lg

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast