Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep Wrangler JK - fromt 33" to 37"

Caught the Bug
    Hi Guys,

at the moment there is no way to get a JK bumper who fit the Warn 8274 and is street legal. Okay, there are 2 bumpers but the look so ugly with my Xenon Flat Fender .

I decided to bolt the 8274 to the XJ.

After some days I found a nice looking bumper from Ares Fabrication. The edges can be removed and chance to full wide, so I can make it street legal. Unfortunately, shipping is as mutch as the bumper and I have to pay 26% tax to the bumper and the shipping. But I dont see an other way ... Well, I hope UPS is fast and I can mount the bumper soon.

http://aresfabrication.com/shop/xj-m...s/#prettyPhoto

Meanwhile I bolt the Bushwacker Flat Fender to my Cherokee, so the tire stop rubbing. Unhappily the people from Bushwacker forget one fender braket so I can just mounting three fenders.

The heater have to go for the bigger tires.

I did not expect that it takes so mutch time to bolt the flats on. Okay, you can do it fast but than you have an ugly gap between fender and body.

Lg
    Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon 2.8 CRD, MY 15, Anvil, 2,5" Lift with 37" and some other stuff.

My build: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...uot-to-37-quot

Caught the Bug
    Hi,

yesterday I mounted my new Bumper.

The guys from Ares Fab make some cool stuff. The welding looks good.

What do you guys mean? I'm not sure if I like the stubby on my XJ. Should I go with the full wide?

And I have another question to you: I like to go with some Super Swamper TSL and I'm planing to go with two OX Locker. Are the stock axle taff enough for this tires with lockers?

I also replaced my door because of mutch rust.

... and relocated the vakuum ball, because of the stubby bumper. Well, I guess this is the only XJ with a yellow vakuumcable.

Lg
    Last edited by Foley; 01-13-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon 2.8 CRD, MY 15, Anvil, 2,5" Lift with 37" and some other stuff.

Caught the Bug
    Well, lets start installing the Albright Relai to the 8274. I bought the 8274 as a used winch. They also came with the factory relais box but I was told tath the factory relais box is rubbish.

My 8274 also have a other engine - it's a 9.5 XP. The 9.5 XP have 1 HP more power than stock. To be save I dediced to go with 70mm² wire. Its horrible to bend those wires. I never done this before, but I'm satisfied with the result.

After this, I change the oil from the winch. Well, never thought I would change oil on a car winch There was some water in the oil, so I think it was the right decision to change it. I also sealed up both shells with RTV.

Than I painted the winch plate and did some welding to the nuts. Without welding the nuts to this plate it's a pain in the as to bolt the winchplate in to the bumper.

My buddy told me that there is a new way to mounting the rope to the drum. It looks simple so I bought "the grabber". Installing was really easy.

First stick on "The Grabber" to the drum.

Than put the rope throw the right whole. Put the rope 5 times around the drum, than into the left hole. Really clever - and it also works well.

I also installed a new batterie. Optima Yellow Top. Because I use no fuse between winch and relais I use a battery disconnect switch for safty.

And finally, the finnished XJ.

What do you guys say? Stubby or full size?

... Lg

Nice winch, enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Nice winch! The full width looks better.

Caught the Bug
    Tanks you two.

I think I like the full width better to.

Full width for sure

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Hi,

yesterday I picked up another XJ. 2.5 Diesel, 60 Years limited edition, 4,5" RE suspension, 100.000 miles - no rust -> 4500€. I bought them because the XJ have front and rear OX Locker and 4,10 gears - all the things that my 4.0 XJ needs. So I will swap the axles and resell the diesel Xj.

The Diesel have an interesting tire size. 235/85-16. Maybe the tires will fit my XJ but I think they are to big.

I also installed some gimmicks on my 4.0R6

And new boxes:

Last edited by Foley; 03-17-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Caught the Bug
    Today was season opening. So It was very muddi. But I got a little teaser for you.

Last edited by Foley; 03-30-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Caught the Bug
    Hi,

today I did something against the rust. Well, there wasn't that much rust, but before it gets more .. First I grinded the rust and old paint, then I used some kind of rust converter with a primer. I also sprayed it inside the sills. That worked really well.

I decided to not overpaint it with the original paint. So I go with Herculiner-Spray. I think its more robust.

Than it was time to do something against the wiring mest. This is the pre-owners fault.

So I build a little fuze-box-mount, better two. One on the left, one on the right side.

The second fuze box is also conected to the fan. So I installed a Fan-Override with a relais wiring plan.

Fan and winch switch:

I also planing a high idle switch and some light cubes.

Also I picked Up a used set of super swampers 80€ a wheel. Normally you pay for one swamper 320€ in Germany - without a Rim. I think I need 1" of extra lift, because this swamper are 33x10.5 R15.

​​​​​​​

lg

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast