Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Learning to Weld-- Tips for Beginners on Welding and Gear

If there's light coming off the end of the rod and it sounds like bacon frying, you're welding...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eastwood, if there is one near, has some decently priced entry lvl and up mig welders. They also have beginner classes that run for 8 hrs on a Saturday don't know the exact schedule. I was thinking about taking one of their classes though. They also have stick and Tig welding classes.

IMG_0915.jpg

Go slow, then slow down more-listen for bacon -steady hand and remember to breathe

Practice practice practice practice practice practice then practice some more

If it looks like this then you ain’t half bad. First ever pipe to plate pass and I’m still learning after 3 years. You can always improve in welding.

Fell free to Pm me if you have any questions🤙🏾🤙🏾

Knows a Thing or Two QuicksilverJK's Avatar

Learning to Weld-- Tips for Beginners on Welding and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo_penguin536 View Post
    IMG_0915.jpg

Go slow, then slow down more-listen for bacon -steady hand and remember to breathe

LMAO this is so true. I can't count how many times I have seen new welders (myself included) hold there breath while running a bead. I never understood why, but it really does seam to be a natural thing to do.

I remember when I started I did the same thing, one time I almost passed out

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819