CONFIRMATION of the JL Wrangler 3.0L Diesel Engine

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a BIG THANKS to longarmwj, I just got the following 2 photos that show ID tags that are used for inter-company shipping. They were taken at a company that will be supplying down pipes and other exhaust components for the Jeep JL Wrangler and as you can see, one of them is for a 2.2L engine and other is for a 3.0L - presumably, the 3.0L EcoDiesel! Up until now, there was a lot of talk about the 3.0L being slated for the chopping block but I'm glad to see soild proof of it going into production.

20170710162527-ccdd73f1.jpg

20170710162523-34488dc3.jpg

So, how many of you will be signing up for a diesel JL Wrangler? :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Enticing indeed. Hopefully there will be some badass aftermarket performance support for these as well.

Journeyman

If the 3.0 was a pickup and 3/4 ton running gear with similar specs as the Mercedes sprinter van for towing I would be all over it.
Definitely not trading in my jk though. Way to much time and $ invested. Stoked to finally see this, people are gonna freak out!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
finally!

may get one but it's going to depend on how loud it is...but may get one anyway for the hopefully excellent torque and mileage

I finally installed the Dynomax EVO comp on my 3.8 and realize age is catching up to me...it's too loud! waiting for the bullet muffler to arrive to quiet it down lol

gsxrbots

IMG_5560.JPG

There was a diesel confirmed about a month ago (June 4th I believe it was) driving around Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. It was struggling to stay running right and they high-tailed it off the dunes before they needed a tow.

TheRonster

Not sure if Diesel means more power.

I'm not familiar with diesel engines...I know the range would double but what does it mean to power and performance?

EdL

I think I'd wait a couple of years before I invested in one to make sure that all the bugs are worked out of the system first production run usually isn't the best one to buy

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
finally!

may get one but it's going to depend on how loud it is...but may get one anyway for the hopefully excellent torque and mileage

I finally installed the Dynomax EVO comp on my 3.8 and realize age is catching up to me...it's too loud! waiting for the bullet muffler to arrive to quiet it down lol

New Diesel engines are quiet. The 6.7L on my F250 is only marginally noisier than the gas engine on my half ton. Inside the cabin the extra volume nearly indistinguishable.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
finally!

New Diesel engines are quiet. The 6.7L on my F250 is only marginally noisier than the gas engine on my half ton. Inside the cabin the extra volume nearly indistinguishable.

Yep, I heard the new duramax Colorado the other day. Walked right in front of it when it was idling. Wasn't any louder than its gas counter part. When he took off, you really had to listen to tell it was a diesel. Most new diesels are quite now.

Top Bottom