Yokohama Geolander AT

Jheapr

I just ordered a set of 33x12.50R15 Yokohama Geolander A/T's, and I was wondering if any of you have ran this tire and what your thoughts are on them? I heard they do very well in snow, but I'm not sure how they do on other surfaces. I live in Colorado and work at a ski resort so snow performance is a main concern for me.
IMG_0257.jpg

BobNH

My personal opinion, being a Subaru owner, is Yokohama tires cost too much and have rice paper for sidewalls. My wife's Legacy had the....advan a82? I think? OE on her Spec Edition. They wear too fast, and when time came to replace them, at 20k, I read a shit ton of horror stories on sidewall blowouts from potholes, and the price was stupid. So I put GY Eagle GT on it. Awesome tire, awesome wear. Fast forward to this year, bought her 14 crosstrek xv. A week later, she sends me a pic of a 3" tear in her sidewall. Yoko Geolander G95 this time. I did not see this tear when we bought it, and I'm pretty thorough about that stuff. And it jumped right out at me when I saw it in person. Who knows what happened before we bought it, low air, run flat, etc, but no other obvious signs of abuse. So, being a Subaru, had to replace all 4. I went with GY Eagle Sport, the replacement for the GT. Happy as a clam at less than 3/4 the cost. Maybe half, cant recall. As always, YMMV.
Oh, snow performance. Can't say g95 vs sport, but a82 vs gt, gt was superior here in NH. Maybe partly the age, but seriously, 20k out of a tire? Weak. The gt's were great until we got rid of the car. And the GY road stability is far better, but not really pertinent to your usage. But in Co., work at ski resort, get snows.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom