Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Grendel

Clayton rear lower control arms

Clayton doesn’t get a lot of talk on here. But they recently came out with some new control arms with dual durometer bushings they call Giiro that I really wanted to try. The only OEM control arms left on the Grendel were the rear lowers.

This is my 3rd different company on the Grendel. Lol. 2x Currie, MC and now Clayton.

These seem really well made. Interested in how well the Giiro bushings hold up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Got my 37x13.5R17 Coopers mounted on mine slabs. Replaced a few rusty bolts and thread inserts as well on the Slabs. Something I noticed on 37s which wasn't as apparent on 35s is that my rear axle needs to go back slightly. Looks like my 37s will possibly make contact with the body. Need to flex it out to see.

Looks great

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    Got my 37x13.5R17 Coopers mounted on mine slabs. Replaced a few rusty bolts and thread inserts as well on the Slabs. Something I noticed on 37s which wasn't as apparent on 35s is that my rear axle needs to go back slightly. Looks like my 37s will possibly make contact with the body. Need to flex it out to see.

Looks great! Hard to tell from the picture, but looks like you have room to move it back. Will it bow the springs if you do?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post

Its close to that pinch seam right? My 35’s just miss it. Your Jeep looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Looks great! Hard to tell from the picture, but looks like you have room to move it back. Will it bow the springs if you do?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep Scrambler
    Yea, i have room and the springs are bowed slightly

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Its close to that pinch seam right? My 35’s just miss it. Your Jeep looks clean.
    yep, it's the pinch seam.

i forgot to mention that I had regeared to 5.13s at Exodus early this year. Jeep feels perfectly geared now that I'm on 37s.

Looks great! Clean simple and functional...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I picked this up from Bubba last year. Just now getting around to installing it.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast