Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Grendel

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar

Cool

As I mentioned, this will be a slow build as I pick up parts when I can find deals.

Had picked up some Currie Lower Front CAs for my old JKR during cyber Monday. Well, I decided to get The Grendel before I ever installed them. Picked up Currie Upper Rear CA's during a Prime day.

Went to see my buddy from college who is a big auto guy. He loves doing this stuff. Since I am in an apt while my new house gets built, it seemed like a good time to see him and get some work down.

LFCA Installed.jpg

The only thing I don't like about the Currie's is the zerk fitting seems extremely vulnerable.

I also picked up some Currie Rear brake lines again for my old JKR. Got some Evo front brake lines the other day.

Stainless brake lines installed.jpg

And last and most unfortunately, I finally put on my license plate after getting pulled over for the second time in 1 month. Warnings both times. But, I am amazed. I drove without on my other Jeep for nearly 4 years and never got pulled over once.

License Plate install.jpg

While doing all of this, I went ahead and rotated the tires and did the first oil change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not an addition to the build. but i did get a chance to mess around on an old caliche pit. the Recon factory springs seem to bit a touch taller than normal Rubicon springs. i'm betting if i add some wheel spacers i can stuff some large tires with very, very minimal fender rub without cutting.

now, i'm impatiently waiting on the Labor Day sales.

Flex Friday.jpg

Originally, I bought some Synergy skids. But, when I got them in, I realized I wasn't a fan of the way the oil pan skid used brackets off the engine mount. Not only have a few people had issues with bolts loosening up, I am currently in an apartment while my new house is being built.

That will be a few months before I have my own garage again. So, I picked up the Evo Protek skid system plus I snagged the Evo Crossmember. The crossmember and exhaust skid came in today. I'm headed out to Hidden Falls this weekend and wanted to at least get the exhaust skid on.

Since I just changed my oil, I figured I'll wait to install the oil pan and transmission skid then.

Skids and crossmember.jpg

crossmember.jpg

crossmember skid.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    Originally, I bought some Synergy skids. But, when I got them in, I realized I wasn't a fan of the way the oil pan skid used brackets off the engine mount. Not only have a few people had issues with bolts loosening up, I am currently in an apartment while my new house is being built.

That will be a few months before I have my own garage again. So, I picked up the Evo Protek skid system plus I snagged the Evo Crossmember. The crossmember and exhaust skid came in today. I'm headed out to Hidden Falls this weekend and wanted to at least get the exhaust skid on.

Since I just changed my oil, I figured I'll wait to install the oil pan and transmission skid then.

Skids and crossmember.jpg

crossmember.jpg

crossmember skid.jpg
    The oil pan doesn't drop when you take out the bolts. No need to wait for an oil change to install the skid.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

I know people on here have done it without draining the oil but I'm not chancing it with my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    I know people on here have done it without draining the oil but I'm not chancing it with my luck.
    Lol. I'm one of those people. I felt the same way you do, so I put off the install for quite some time. When I finally decided to bite the bullet, all went well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Nice looking rig Furlock! Subscribed.
    37" Cooper Discoverer SST Pro

Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26935-FlatTop-Build

More goodies

I bought a Motobilt bumper and skid. It's called The Hammer. Had the hoop customized to be slightly taller and added some light tabs to it. Going to get it powder coated in a black that is easy to rattle can. Will post pics when it's mounted.

IMG_20170906_200559.jpg

Test fitting the motobilt bumper before I take it to the powder coater. Wrenching in the condo garage is getting old. Can't wait for the new casa to finish. Full 3 car garage here I come.

test fit.jpg

Fresh Catch
    Great looking bumper!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast