Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Building the Grendel

Been Around the Block TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Jesus turned water into wine. If I'm not mistaken, it was while he was working on a Jeep
    i think you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Jesus turned water into wine. If I'm not mistaken, it was while he was working on a Jeep
    True statement! Pretty sure he ran out of beer and made the wine to keep his apostle buddies from getting into his bourbon stash.

Slabs

Ok I’m officially tired. But these are bad ass. Thanks to iRonin upgrading to full floaters on Thanos. Allowed me to save a few Ben Franklins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    Ok I’m officially tired. But these are bad ass. Thanks to iRonin upgrading to full floaters on Thanos. Allowed me to save a few Ben Franklins.
    Noice! Looks good!
    37" Cooper Discoverer SST Pro

Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26935-FlatTop-Build

Beautiful.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So besides the painstaking process of mounting my tires on the slabs, I finished up the driver side rocker panel. Spun one nursert. Have to do something about that but oh well.

I also changed the oil and installed the Evo protek oil skid. Extremely happy about this mostly because. It went straight on with no problems in a short amount of time. Think it’s the first mod I’ve done go to plan. Lol.

Still need to do transmission skid. But I was too worn out to get to that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    Yesterday, I started on my first mods. The Grendel will be getting built up a little more slowly than my old Gecko JKR.

First some Daystar hood latches to stop hood flutter. I'm too OCD and cannot stand the hood flutter. Amazed that FCA never fixed this.
    Attachment 267783

Second, Grabars. These are nice and sturdy now that they are on. But, holy crap, I have never been so pissed at 4 freaking bolts in my life. Took me way, way longer than it should have to get the drivers side put in. Also, dropped a bolt behind the pillar. Just going to leave it unless it starts rattling.
    Attachment 267782

Waiting to be put on. Evo tire carrier and Evo corner skids.
    Hahaha. I had the same problem with those bars. Lost a passenger side bolt behind the pillar. Used my fingers to pry the plastic back. I then tortured the fingers on my other hand squeezing them behind there to remove the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789