Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Grendel

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Top View Post
    Have fun with the pinch seams.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    yea i'm in a pause right now. working on rocker skins. drilling this effing sheet metal.

don't even want to think about the corner guards and tire carrier.

Subbed great lookin' rig in person, too - nice to meet ya!
    - iRonin aka "Thanos"
    | Build Thread | Instagram | Youtube |

took a little time away from the Jeep this weekend to continue working on getting our new house set up.

Super excited to finally have my own proper media room. it's been a dream for many years.

qSfQpTl.jpg

OIvqGyw.jpg

i also met iRonin this weekend and picked up his ATX slabs since he's moving on to full floaters. still haven't decided if i will do the install myself or save the time and hassle and pay to have it done.

WSlVftl.jpg

lastly, i finally got back at work on my rocker skins. finally figured out a plan of action thanks to a number of helpful tips on this site. made some progress. the one closes to the front is jacked up. not sure if i will drill it out or leave it. we'll see how everything else holds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    took a little time away from the Jeep this weekend to continue working on getting our new house set up.

Super excited to finally have my own proper media room. it's been a dream for many years.

qSfQpTl.jpg

OIvqGyw.jpg
    Sweet media room! Would love to have one of those in the future!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

gracias. i figured i needed to get that done now before my wife and i have any kids. haha

gracias. i figured i needed to get that done now before my wife and i have any kids. haha
    Haha that’s our reasoning for our trip out west this summer and plan to move to Montana next summer

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i also met iRonin this weekend and picked up his ATX slabs since he's moving on to full floaters. still haven't decided if i will do the install myself or save the time and hassle and pay to have it done.

WSlVftl.jpg
    I'm assuming you're talking about mounting the tires? I would take the time and learn to do it myself.
    1) Unless you already have someone in mind that will do the install, good luck finding someplace that actually will.
    2) If you ever have an issue with tires, virtually every shop will get T-Rex arms if you ask them to change a tire or perform service on them.
    3) Peace of mind that if you ever do need to do anything with them you are actually familiar with them and how they go together.
    4) its a great time to spend with 5 tires, 5 wheels, and a 6-pack of your favorite brew

Just my

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I'm assuming you're talking about mounting the tires? I would take the time and learn to do it myself.
    1) Unless you already have someone in mind that will do the install, good luck finding someplace that actually will.
    2) If you ever have an issue with tires, virtually every shop will get T-Rex arms if you ask them to change a tire or perform service on them.
    3) Peace of mind that if you ever do need to do anything with them you are actually familiar with them and how they go together.
    4) its a great time to spend with 5 tires, 5 wheels, and a 6-pack of your favorite brew

Just my
    that's currently a problem with all of my projects. i gave up alcohol for lent.

Jesus will understand

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Jesus will understand
    Jesus turned water into wine. If I'm not mistaken, it was while he was working on a Jeep
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast