Wayalife but not Jeep Newb here...

JohnK

Howdy all,

Newb to Wayalife (although been a fan of the videos for several years, great stuff Eddie!). Long-time 4x4 owner, I have had 2 IH Scout II's ('77 and '78), a Dodge Dakota SLT and most recently an '02 WJ Limited that had an unfortunate set of developments (constant brake issues, new gurgle in the heater core sounds like head gasket, and couple unexpected deathwobble events) that led to its' immediate retirement and replacement with my first Wrangler, a 2010 JKU Rubicon.

I am married (24 yrs), and we have one daughter who is 21. Work as Director of Product Support Engineering and Certification for an Aerospace Engineering company in San Diego.

I am also a licensed Commercial Pilot and own a 1987 Yakovlev Yak-52 Russian Military Trainer/Aerobatic airplane.

Found the JKUR on AutoTrader in Dayton OH, had a friend there go check it out, made an offer and then flew out last week with my wife to drive it from Dayton to San Diego, 2,258 miles, 10 states, 3 days - got to know it really well.

Excited to join the JK family and look forward to wheeling with the SoCal guys!

My recently retired WJ from better days
20150628_133655_zpsvirzfekp.jpg

My new-to-me JKUR (love it)
0710171251_HDR.jpg 0710171251b_HDR.jpg

My '87 Yakovlev Yak-52
20161022_131136.jpg

JK

Last edited:

JohnK

Thanks guys.

The JKU will get a Flowmaster HP-2/muffler relocation in next couple days then a Terraflex 2.5" BB and eventually 35's. I am not a super hard-core offroader so BB's have worked for me pretty well, had a Kevin's Off-Road 2.5" BB on the WJ and it was great for my wheeling style. Of course, the Rubi being so capable might push me to drive harder trails.... ;^)

The Yak is a blast, I regularly fly formation and aerobatics, including some formation aerobatics:

JK

Last edited:
Top Bottom