Prolink vs Flatlink

GraniteCrystal

Any opinions on Factor 55 Prolink vs Flatlink? Using synthetic rope. Wanting something stronger/safer than the Warn hook and I like the look more.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Don't really know what the benefits would be in comparison to each other other than the flatlink stores flat up against the fairlead. But in general I think it's a good upgrade. Safer and pulls tight up against the fairlead so your hook won't flop around or scratch your bumper. The only downside is you have to carry a shackle or leave one on. Not usually a problem when wheeling but if you need your winch during other times you'll need to have the shackle handy. I just threw one in the glovebox with my controller. Last year I pulled a truck out of the ditch on my way to town which is why I say keep a shackle in your jeep. I guess another pro to the prolink vs flatlink is you could leave the shackle on there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Don't really know what the benefits would be in comparison to each other other than the flatlink stores flat up against the fairlead. But in general I think it's a good upgrade. Safer and pulls tight up against the fairlead so your hook won't flop around or scratch your bumper. The only downside is you have to carry a shackle or leave one on. Not usually a problem when wheeling but if you need your winch during other times you'll need to have the shackle handy. I just threw one in the glovebox with my controller. Last year I pulled a truck out of the ditch on my way to town which is why I say keep a shackle in your jeep. I guess another pro to the prolink vs flatlink is you could leave the shackle on there.

Already keep a few shackles with me/on the Jeep.

Some people saying flat link better because the synthetic rope isn't exposed. Does that make sense? Isn't some exposed anyway?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Already keep a few shackles with me/on the Jeep.

Some people saying flat link better because the synthetic rope isn't exposed. Does that make sense? Isn't some exposed anyway?

Well the rope on the outer wraps of the drum are exposed regardless but I actually think the prolink keeps the loop where the pin goes through more protected.

Jackal01

I went with The Splicer as it removes the factory thimble. Plus any part of the shackle can be used.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

I carry the Bubba rope gator shackle with me at all times. Easier than d-ring and also much stronger. If am not mistaken the breaking strength is 32K pounds.
https://youtu.be/3W4zD8f75Wo

Brute

Hooked
I carry the Bubba rope gator shackle with me at all times. Easier than d-ring and also much stronger. If am not mistaken the breaking strength is 32K pounds.
https://youtu.be/3W4zD8f75Wo

I'm thinking about going this route...I usually carry 4-6 d-rings with me and this would be a weight saver

I use the flat link...works fine....the main advantage over the hook in my mind is not having a short section of winch line exposed when attaching the hook to a recovery point, which could get damaged if you run into a rock or tree

Top Bottom