INSECTICIDE - Show Us Your Best Bug Massacres

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bug genocide - we're all guilty of it especially being that we drive vehicles that have a flat grills and near vertical windshields. Of course, the worst of the worst slaughters occur in the summer time and mostly when driving on a highway along side an open field or a river as the sun goes down. What I want to see are some of your best bug massacres and in all its technicolor gory glory :cool:

To kick things off, here are a couple of close up shots that I took of Rubicat's new 5-o'clock shadow. :icon_crazy:

20170714122129-5a93b9b1-me.jpg

20170714122126-2f0b640f-me.jpg

I would have taken one of the windshield but I had to clean it multiple times just so I could see through it and has since lost some of it's flavor. But, I'm sure there will be more opportunities for me to add to this thread. :D

With that said, let's see your spectacular splats! :thumb:

Andy5160

Hooked
How do you sleep at nigh. Murderer :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Dayum! :crazyeyes:
I drove through a swarm of some kind of beetles a month ago at night. The windshield was smeared with bug guts so bad I had to look out of the side of the Jeep to see to pull over. Yeeech!

RocknJK

Wow that's a lot of bugs! Was that from trip or multiple trips? I've had it so bad before I've had to clean the headlights because they were blocking the light.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How do you sleep at nigh. Murderer :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

LOL!! :D

Wow that's a lot of bugs! Was that from trip or multiple trips? I've had it so bad before I've had to clean the headlights because they were blocking the light.

If you can believe it, just one trip up the 395. Most of them were slaughtered between Bridgeport and Walker. I would have taken a close up of the headlight but like you, it had gotten so bad that I had to clean them each time I cleaned the windshield just so that I could see. :icon_crazy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was just thinking, back in the day, Mopar used to have a tire cover with a smiley wearing a American flag bandanna and a 5-o'clock shadow. In retrospect, I now know that scrub was nothing more than bugs :crazyeyes: :D

s-l300.jpg

TRLJNKY

Oh man I can see heads exploding from the militant self righteous libs over such unethical treatment of their beloved bugs.

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

Dever

Did something similar in Idaho a few years back. Every time we passed through a low area, we got swarmed with those things. Stopped at three exits in a row and pulled to the side of I-84 twice to scrape them off the windshield. Got one clean kill though headed the other way:
IMG_1136.JPG

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom