Tires and lift kit.

BillDaCat

I have an 02 se with 30" tires. I would like to put 31 or 32" tires on it. Any suggestions on if I should do a lift kit (thinking about a 1 1\2 " basic lift)? Or will it be okay with just the front shock leveler that was put in pre purchase? This is my first jeep (finally) and would appreciate any help or suggestions on tires or lifts.

pedroj14

I have an 02 se with 30" tires. I would like to put 31 or 32" tires on it. Any suggestions on if I should do a lift kit (thinking about a 1 1\2 " basic lift)? Or will it be okay with just the front shock leveler that was put in pre purchase? This is my first jeep (finally) and would appreciate any help or suggestions on tires or lifts.

With that size tire, you may be able to get away without a lift. If you want a lift, a leveling kit would probably be enough. I would recommend coil spacer leveling or lift kit. You may be able to find some JK rubicon take off tires (BFG KM) and run those.

Lately, I have seen issues with BF Goodrich KO, KO2 and KM2 with pieces of thread falling off. I personally have run Nittos (Terra Grappler) for 75,000 miles so far and have not had any issues.

Good Luck!

BobNH

I ran 31×10.5 on my TJ for a while until I got a 2" lift. They fit, yes. However, mine was a sahara so had 1" wider flares than the SE. Also, aftermarkwt wheels. If you try to do this on factory wheels, you will rub with turns. You can change your stops to counter this, but it limits your turning circle. But, likely you wont rub the flares except at max stuff, if then, especially since someone leveled the front.
If you are on non factory backspacing, you may not have an issue with your turns and rubbing, however being an SE, you will most certainly rub the flares at full stuff. You could get sahara flares, because I had no issue with mine.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BillDaCat

I put pro comp 8 wheels with 3.75" backspace in place of the stock wheels. It made it look and drive a lot better. I'm going to try to put pics up.

BobNH

Looks good. IMO, you will not have a lot of issue with rubbing when turning due to that backspace. That is similar to the rims I had on my TJ. Your frint may rub when you get really twisted up, especially if you disco the front. Sahara and Rubicon flares are both 1" wider so would allow more room, maybe enough. And provide more coverage, in case your state has that inspection requirement. But from those pics and your setup, in my opinion, you should be fine on 31 or 32, assuming you stick to 10-ish wide.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Flex49

Here's mine, 2" spring lift with 7" flares on bfg ko2 31s. I love it personally, especially the bfgs. The rims are dick cepecks with a 3.75 backspace and there is NO issue whatsoever with rubbing, even when the 31s were on the stock suspension. IMG_2538.jpg

Job 1:21

Top Bottom