Wiring Help

Pizza_Breath

Hey guys, I posted about this loose harness before, but we got a little off track with the undercoating. I am still searching for the plug, if anyone with a rubi could take a look and let me know where it runs it would help me out tremendously. It's not my lights and i'm pretty sure its not my locker. I've been trying to find a wiring diagram to decipher, or find a main harness install tutorial but nothing yet. any clue? Thanks!

It runs from behind the heat shield passenger side from the cab, follows the sway bar disconnect wire all the way to the front, and has just been hanging there loose, noticed it a few weeks ago, haven't wheeled since, no codes being thrown, pictures here:

Running from cab, passenger side:

IMG_6002.jpg

Down frame, its the thinner tube. running along side the electronic sway bar harness:

IMG_6005.jpg IMG_6004.jpg

and just hanging out in the front unplugged:
IMG_6006.jpg

:thinking:

Pizza_Breath

Is it the small wire, going into the firewall? Looks like passenger side. Mine doesn't have that wire.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn, you have a rubi? i cant figure this this out for the life of me. Found it tucked up in the engine while i was under it, could have been there since i bought it. Can't figure out what it is and it's driving me nuts.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I just looked under my '07 JKUR. My wire harness for the front locker runs on the drivers side while the wiring harness for the sway bar is run on the passengers side.

Here are a few pictures of how the front locker wiring harness is run on my Jeep.

Picture of the wiring into the front locker (it's run on the drivers side):
IMG_4865.JPG

Pictures of the Wiring harness routing:
IMG_4866.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4869.JPG

I hope this helps,
Matt

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

BobNH

My 08 has a plastice piece on the firewall in that location, but it does have a hole in it, in apprximately the same location as where yours is. But nothing coming out of it

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

Taking a wild guess here, is it the outside air temperature sensor plug? Being that there are male pins in the plug, my guess is there is some sort of sensor that plugs to it. Exposed pins in a male plug usually do not supply power to a circuit.

Pizza_Breath

I just looked under my '07 JKUR. My wire harness for the front locker runs on the drivers side while the wiring harness for the sway bar is run on the passengers side.

Here are a few pictures of how the front locker wiring harness is run on my Jeep.

Picture of the wiring into the front locker (it's run on the drivers side):
View attachment 268160

Pictures of the Wiring harness routing:
View attachment 268161

View attachment 268162

View attachment 268163

I hope this helps,
Matt

Thanks man! So it's not my locker, and it runs alongside the harness for sway bar, but from the firewall passenger side. Going to see if I can follow it inside the can today [emoji849]

Thanks! Wish me luck.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Here are a few pictures of my wiring harness to my sway bar disconnect motor:
IMG_4874.JPG

IMG_4872.JPG

IMG_4873.JPG
You can see the passenger side of the sway bar motor in this picture.

IMG_4871.JPG
This picture shows the harness' plug into the sway bar disconnect motor.

I hope these pictures help,
Matt

Pizza_Breath

Okay, the mystery continues...

It's not my sway bar, my fogs, my locker, or my temp sensor, everything is working and plugged in. I should've posted the colors first thing, looks like its red, green, yellow, black and grey. Here is a pic of the wires, and another pic of where it comes through the firewall from the cab. I thought maybe the Previous Owner had a light bar or something and uninstalled it when he sold it, but if other rubi's have the hole in the firewall, and given the appearance of of the housing, it's gotta be a stock option i didn't know i had.

Planning a trip to run Sherman Pass next weekend, the jeep is running great, but this loose harness will drive me crazy haha. :rolleyes2:

Here are the pics, any clue?

IMG_6026.jpg IMG_6028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6028.jpg
    IMG_6028.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Just thinking about the wires and the location, maybe for an airhorn that used to be present?

4 wires makes me think there was a relay. Only really way to know is trace it. Could disconnect the battery and put a toner on it to find it maybe?

Last edited:

JKbrick

Just thinking about the wires and the location, maybe for an airhorn that used to be present?

4 wires makes me think there was a relay. Only really way to know is trace it. Could disconnect the battery and put a toner on it to find it maybe?

The tape and plug make me think it is a factory wire. I've got to look again tomorrow I'm really curious too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Pizza_Breath

Man, Flat towing is a good guess. and some after market harnesses look pretty factory.

But i bought the jeep here in SoCal used, and when i bought it, it was bone stock except for some 19" chrome wheels :naw:. And the Elockers were real sticky, so i'm guessing the previous owner did not wheel, or travel much with it. But i don't want to assume, i just like to imagine it was babied before i got it and beat the hell out of the poor thing.

I don't have a toner, but may have to to grab one and see if i can find where it runs to in the dash.

Also knowing that BobNH's 2008 rubi has a plug in the same spot made me think it was a factory option. But my rig is pretty standard. No bells and whistles other than the rubicon standards.

I thought i was going to get to the bottom of it when i ran to the dealer to pick up my coolant temp sensor (to fix code p0128), while i was there i asked if a tech had a second to look at it. They told me they could fit me in a few days later and to drop it off, and it would cost me. So, to hell with them.

I'll let you know what i find.Thanks to everyone trying to help solve.

Top Bottom