Spark plugs

North208jeeper

So now that I've started building the Jeep I just realized that it's time to change the plugs whoops at 122k on the stickers🤔 any suggestions on what plugs and wires to run. I'll make sure to let everyone know what the stickers are gapping out at when I pull them tomorrow. I'm curious because I haven't got a rough idle or anything yet just realized the manual calls for 102k I'm 18k over already. I also need to do lower outer tie rod assembly and front right CV axle u joint

08 jk unlimited

, flat fenders, rugged ridge xhd bumper,tuff stuff 12,500lb winch,35x12.5x17 Toyo at2s 6speed superchips equipped.

WJCO

Meme King
Use what the manufacturer recommends. That's the reason they've lasted so long. As far as the CV joint, not sure what you're talking about.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned use oem plugs which are champion double platinum and spark gap is .48-.52

North208jeeper

Thanks for for the feed back guys I stayed with the champions. Yes my bad I was referring to the axle shaft u joint Napa only had one left in stock got lucky haha it does have a grease fitting thank god! Don't get why people buy all the non greasable ones lol. I picked up a Moog outer tie rod assembly (left and right)

08 jk unlimited

, flat fenders, rugged ridge xhd bumper,tuff stuff 12,500lb winch,35x12.5x17 Toyo at2s 6speed superchips equipped.

North208jeeper

So I changed my plugs and while pulling the original plugs out I was gapping them and they were gapped in betweens .078 to
.081 the stutter in the idle is definitely gone thankfully

08 jk unlimited

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Great job!

When I replaced my plugs the originals had all had about a .65 gap. I think the growth in gap was due to wear on the electrodes and the expansion of the metal over years of heat cycles (engine running and then off and cold). That's why I will ensure to routinely replace my plugs and wires according to the OEM recommendations.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

North208jeeper

Great job!

When I replaced my plugs the originals had all had about a .65 gap. I think the growth in gap was due to wear on the electrodes and the expansion of the metal over years of heat cycles (engine running and then off and cold). That's why I will ensure to routinely replace my plugs and wires according to the OEM recommendations.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...
Yeah I will definitely pay more attention to my service times. I bought the Jeep 2 years ago with 52k miles on it I'm sitting at 123k now never forget about my oil though I didn't even think to check the plugs when I bought it. It was so clean haha it's been through hell and back but still runs excellent! Even a little better now with the new plugs. Definitely loving the new idle! It's back like when I bought it. Just wondering now when my clutch will decide to start to go. 132k on the OE clutch is pretty impressive to me. I was saying oh god I doubt it'll make it to 115k haha

08 jk unlimited

Top Bottom