JCR front Bumper

Jranso04

Does anybody have any experience with the JCR bumpers? Specifically this one because I'm thinking about getting it. Is this a pretty strong bumper for on and off road protection?

IMG_0882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say for sure about that particular bumper but the ones they make for the JK have a tendency to taco. Also, the guys there are totally full of themselves. I personally wouldn't buy anything from them.

20170715171248-d04ebe75.jpg

Jranso04

I can't decide what front bumper I want. I'm sort of on a budget being in school still but I'm willing to pay a little more to be sure I get some good protection on and off road. I'd like to get a full width bumper for my tj.

BobNH

I have their engine skid and evap skid. They are sturdy as hell, and both have had the weight of my jk on them. They were reasonably priced.
That said, what Eddie said about quality, that is not the first time I have heard they are not a sturdy bumper. I personally have never seen one in person nor action, my only input is that to me, they look to be more expensive than similar designs. As I recall, a lot more expensive.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't decide what front bumper I want. I'm sort of on a budget being in school still but I'm willing to pay a little more to be sure I get some good protection on and off road. I'd like to get a full width bumper for my tj.

Not sure what you're needing protection from but off road, a stubby bumper is what you'd want as it will give you better approach angles. If you're on a budget, I'd remove the plastic end caps off your factory bumper and call it a day. It's a great setup and costs nothing.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I agree with Eddie. If you are on a budget just cut your factory bumper to a stubby.

In my case. I also wanted to have a full width bumper. I went with AEV for my JK, which is a pretty coin, had it on for about 2 years and switched to a stubby. I wish I went with a stubby form the beginning instead of spending money twice.

scrota76

I have a JCR crusader front bumper. I went with this bumper mostly because it was the look i wanted. I have had it for over a year. On my last trip I used the highlift jack points to lift the front passenger side off the ground (no, not to change a tire, dang sway bar disconnect was kicking my ass) and suffered no damage. In the past year the coating has not chipped or faded. I am happy with my JCR. Their youtube videos are dumb, and they act like ass clowns. Their bumpers are above average in price, but overall im happy. 20170508_122154.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I personally have never bought anything from JCR but from what I've seen, I probably wouldn't buy a bumper from them.

I currently run a TeamCFR bumper on my TJ:

attachment.php

They are a local company and right now they aren't shipping bumpers. So unless you're from the Nebraska area, you're SOL. Thankfully, there's other great options out there. I like the Poison Spyder bumpers. I actually ran a Smittybilt bumper before this one, and I gotta say.. I was really impressed with it. I hit a few ledges with it and even got backed into a couple times and it held up. The powdercoat didn't chip or crack in the year and a half I ran it.

My old Smittybilt bumper:

IMG_8786.jpg

Top Bottom