Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Nothing but a Thing black pearl's Avatar
    Look into a transport company. I've seen someone post, that it's about $1200 to ship a jeep, across the country.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Total for renting a 16' moving truck and car carrier from Budget is $752.64

To have it on a semi I think is around $0.90/mile so that'd be about $850.

Knows a Thing or Two 13_gecko_rubi's Avatar
    Look into uship.com. Its basically an auction site for truckers that are deadheading. Since they would have been empty it's often cheaper than just calling a trucking company.

I've also used haulmatch.com. I spent about $400ish to ship non running vehicles around 1200 miles. Its cheaper if they can drive them onto truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    When I found my Jeep, I didn't have time to fly and drive, I paid $450 to have my Jeep shipped from Colorado to Oregon. My brother shipped his Camaro on Amtrak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I paid 1600 to transport my JK across the country through Uship. I believe 2-300 of that cost was due to oversized tires/modified vehicle fees so your cost may be less if it's relatively stock.
    2007 JKU - Dana 60/Sterling, 40s, Coilovers
    1998 XJ - 5spd, 33s, Clayton 6.5" 3-link

Just priced out a few options. To get it from Utah to Colorado, a 450 mile drive, the option I'm going with is to rent a Dodge Ram from Enterprise for 24 hours for $150 and a car carrier from UHaul for $50. Total of $200 and it'll get here with no wear and tear.

Might want to make sure the truck has a receiver. A good friend works for enterprise and reminded me recently that none of the trucks/SUV were supposed to have a receiver hitch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Just priced out a few options. To get it from Utah to Colorado, a 450 mile drive, the option I'm going with is to rent a Dodge Ram from Enterprise for 24 hours for $150 and a car carrier from UHaul for $50. Total of $200 and it'll get here with no wear and tear.
    I think this is the price you can live with.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Ranger View Post
    Might want to make sure the truck has a receiver. A good friend works for enterprise and reminded me recently that none of the trucks/SUV were supposed to have a receiver hitch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Big thanks for mentioning this. I called to confirm and it would NOT have had a hitch. They said I needed to put it thru a separate branch that does that. I called over there and they transferred the reservation to them. Now I'm in a 3/4 ton pickup with a hitch. Cost went up about $40. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Big thanks for mentioning this. I called to confirm and it would NOT have had a hitch. They said I needed to put it thru a separate branch that does that. I called over there and they transferred the reservation to them. Now I'm in a 3/4 ton pickup with a hitch. Cost went up about $40. Thanks for the heads up!
    So which Jeep you getting?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast