Feeler - July 30th Lake Tahoe Blackwood Canyon and Barker Pass Road run

TRLJNKY

Seeing who may be interested in going for a trail run. Jeepdave 15 threw an idea at me to run a trail on the lakes West side. It is primarily the Blackwood Canyon and Barker Pass road 4X4 trails. It will take us around Homewood, Ellis Peak, and ends close to the Rubicon staging area (hopefully that wont be an issue due to the jamborees). Says it takes 4-6 hours depending on how many stops so could be a long day with drive time up and down. Good day to pack a lunch and get up and away from the heat of the valley floors. If any veterans of the area have any knowledge of issues with the route please share. Looked like a fun run. Says its moderate.

Update:
Alright alright alriiight... lets meet up at 9am at the Kaspian campround at Barker Pass Road ready to roll. Figure we should be able to eat lunch at Bear Lake.

I have the route configured on Gaia so PM me if you wanted it.

Going
cavfighter
JeepDave15
Firesjk
Quicksilverjk
Jk434
Chilidawg
X3 Guests

Maybe
MTG

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fun trail that's not too hard. It can be super brushy though and if you were going now, you would probably run into some deep snow drifts. You should be fine by the end of the month.

TRLJNKY

Fun trail that's not too hard. It can be super brushy though and if you were going now, you would probably run into some deep snow drifts. You should be fine by the end of the month.

Awesome! Thanks Eddie! Hopefully the snow wont be an issue

What time and where is meet up?

Well thats open still but prob should be a fairly early run like nlt 0800-0900ish id say at the trail head or close by. Ill lock that in. Firesjk brought up a good point about it being a longer run a bit further away and ppl having to work Monday. The guide said 6 hours at a leisure pace. If we left the trailhead at 900 that brings us off at around 3ish with the drive home still. You have ideas let me know

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a shot down by Ellis Lake back on July 21, 2010. With any luck, you'll have some of the white stuff to play on too.

main.php

TRLJNKY

This is a shot down by Ellis Lake back on July 21, 2010. With any luck, you'll have some of the white stuff to play on too.

main.php
Thats awesome! Hopefully we can snag a few more to roll with us. Thanks Eddie

Battle Born JK

When I called the ranger she said there is still snow on Barker pass she wasnt sure how deep the drifts were but she said in 2 weeks we SHOULD be ok but thats why we do what we do the Unknown.

ob_tj

Hey ob_tj. I tried to send a PM but your box is full. Let me know when its cleaned up and I'll send you a quick message. Thx

Just deleted a bunch of messages. Should be good to send a pm.

TRLJNKY

Bump: tossing this back out there for anyone interested. Details on first post

Top Bottom