Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of Fiona - '08 JK Rubicon 2-Door

New Jerry cans arrived today. With the CA laws it took me forever to find a company that sold real Jerry cans for a reasonable price and would ship them to California. Amazon wouldn't even allow shipment of the cans that are CARB approved. 😠

Attachment 269172
    20170721_192316.jpg

Now I can get rid of the HB cans I've been carrying with the stupid CA-approved nozzle!

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Went down to the Jeep and Truck show in Long Beach today. Got a good deal on a Currie Currectlync drag link and tie rod package as well as a deal on a Dynomax Rockcrawler cat-back exhaust system. Looking forward to getting my steering fixed up and finally getting rid of the damn trash can hanging off the back! 👍

It's going to be a couple days before I can pick the new parts up, so hopefully I'll have some time next week to do something with them.

Dammit. So I was planning on installing the new Currectlync steering components this weekend and found that the ball joints are shot. 😠

Ordered up the Skyjacker dual load ball joints which are a rebranded Rare Parts set. I like the theory behind shifting some of the load to the upper joints, so I figured I'd give them a shot since everyone else has tested the Dynatrac joints already. 😎 They should be here on Tuesday, so I hope I get some time to replace them so I can make the run on Sunday.

Changed the trans fluid and flushed the cooling system since Fiona has been running a little hotter than normal. So far that seems to have done the trick.

Ball joints and a new steering box are due to arrive tomorrow. My new Dynomax exhaust arrived today. I've got a pile of parts building up and no time to install any of them. 😜

The goal is to get the ball joints and steering box installed before the run this weekend otherwise I'm not going to feel comfortable going.

--
    [Sent from the WAYALIFE mobile app]

Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Maybe I missed it, but why are you replacing the steering box?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but why are you replacing the steering box?
    It's been leaking for awhile. Especially when under extra stress on the rocks.

--

Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Just found this thread and subscribed. Great read and you're right, we 2DR guys got to stick together! I sold my 2011 Challenger to get back in a Jeep. I'm a little slower on the build but enjoyed reading about yours.

So... you can somehow fit a hemi in a Jeep? I know it probably would have fit in the old CJ but that's awesome.

Howdy from Texas!
    '76 CJ-5 V8 Renegade (grey Levi's), retired.
    '14 JK Sport 2DR (Black), weekend fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep Reloaded View Post
    Just found this thread and subscribed. Great read and you're right, we 2DR guys got to stick together! I sold my 2011 Challenger to get back in a Jeep. I'm a little slower on the build but enjoyed reading about yours.

So... you can somehow fit a hemi in a Jeep? I know it probably would have fit in the old CJ but that's awesome.

Howdy from Texas!
    Thanks for following! Yes, you can squeeze a hemi in a JK, but historically they tend to have issues with overheating. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready for an engine swap some genius works out the problems. There's a guy on here that has a Hellcat in his JK if I'm not mistaken. 👍

--

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    There's a guy on here that has a Hellcat in his JK
    IMG_1292.JPG

Howdy from Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Dammit. So I was planning on installing the new Currectlync steering components this weekend and found that the ball joints are shot.

Ordered up the Skyjacker dual load ball joints which are a rebranded Rare Parts set. I like the theory behind shifting some of the load to the upper joints, so I figured I'd give them a shot since everyone else has tested the Dynatrac joints already. They should be here on Tuesday, so I hope I get some time to replace them so I can make the run on Sunday.

Changed the trans fluid and flushed the cooling system since Fiona has been running a little hotter than normal. So far that seems to have done the trick.

I'll be interested to see how the Rare Parts joints work out for you.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast