muffler delete

JCW

today I took of the stock muffler and replaced with glass pack. very simple and sound good. No longer does it sound like a Nissan 350Z but has a good deep sound.

what I used
  • 2.5" exhaust pipe. (90 elbow, 2.5 OD adapter) keep in mind the smaller the elbow the better.
  • Glass pack exhaust
  • 2.5" exhaust clamps
  • choice of tip
    total price came out to about $50.
    pic shows a 45 bend. I ended up using a 90 for better ground clearence.

thoughts, comments, questions?

exhaust.jpg

I will try to upload a picture from under the jeep later today.

WJCO

Meme King
Post a video if you can. I would think a glasspack would sound obnoxious. But glad it worked out for you.

Pizza_Breath

Looks pretty f'n rad. Would love to hear it. Can we get a video?

I smashed my muffler on a rock pretty bad and have been looking for something cool to do about it.

JCW

Post a video if you can. I would think a glasspack would sound obnoxious. But glad it worked out for you.

not the best sound but its the best I could get. I'm honestly not in love with it. sounds amazing at idle or at high RPM but at driving speeds it just moans like a wildebeest. I just took a 5 mile drive and I'm not sure if I will be keeping it.

video show 1st 1500-2500 rpm, 2nd 1500-4000 rpm and then 3rd 1500-6000 rpm @ 80mph

black pearl

Hooked

not the best sound but its the best I could get. I'm honestly not in love with it. sounds amazing at idle or at high RPM but at driving speeds it just moans like a wildebeest. I just took a 5 mile drive and I'm not sure if I will be keeping it.

video show 1st 1500-2500 rpm, 2nd 1500-4000 rpm and then 3rd 1500-6000 rpm @ 80mph

Couldn't watch the video, said it's private.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JCW

After a day of having the glass pack I put back on the stock exhaust. its to loud. sounded good though.

WJCO

Meme King
After a day of having the glass pack I put back on the stock exhaust. its to loud. sounded good though.

Sounded a little loud to me too although it's hard to accurately capture an exhaust sound on video. A longer glass pack may be the solution. Also you could contact DynoMax on the forum here to see if they have any options for you. Matt is extremely knowledgeable with their products. They even have a mobile engine they move around to events and slip mufflers onto to show customers different sounds.

JCW

Sounded a little loud to me too although it's hard to accurately capture an exhaust sound on video. A longer glass pack may be the solution. Also you could contact DynoMax on the forum here to see if they have any options for you. Matt is extremely knowledgeable with their products. They even have a mobile engine they move around to events and slip mufflers onto to show customers different sounds.

I'm currently in contact with diamond eye exhaust out of Oregon they are working on a jeep jk line up.

-JCW-

Top Bottom