Squeaky endlinks, what's the cure

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I love my EVO endlinks but they squeak on the trail and it drives me crazy. I've tried hitting them with some white lithium grease and WD-40 but that only works temporarily. They only seem to squeak on the trails. Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

Edit: whoops, looks like I forgot the question mark at the end of my post header, doh.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Overlander said, the heims need to be replaced as the teflon embedded in them will wear out over time.

scull20

Silicone spray works better than WD40. I tried stuff called "TrickShot" and it worked for months, even in NJ with the humidity and salt.

Last edited:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
The hemi joints wear out. Especially with dust and dirt. Mine only last a little over a year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I guess that's what I get for living in the desert, lol. The front set has been on for about a year and a half. The rears are over 4 years old I believe, so they are probably due for a change. I might have to do some further testing to see if all of them are squeaking or just the rears. If I have to replace the heim joints every year, I might look at going with a different set up.

Top Bottom