LED interior light replacement package

MTG

Caught the Bug
I would like to buy an LED interior light replacement package for my 2015 JKUR.

I have a set for my 2012 that work great.

Anyone have a link to purchase a package to replace all interior bulbs? Preferable an Amazon link?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm pretty sure you can't easily replace the map lights. The domes should be easy. What other lights are you wanting to do?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm pretty sure you can't easily replace the map lights. The domes should be easy. What other lights are you wanting to do?

I think that is it. Map lights (x2), front dome (x2) and rear dome (x1). I replaced mine piecemeal before, and assumed there has to be a company offering a package deal now.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I believe I read that the maps on the rear view mirror can't be done, or at least not without some decent dissecting/electrical skills. Maybe someone will chime in with a different perspective.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I believe I read that the maps on the rear view mirror can't be done, or at least not without some decent dissecting/electrical skills. Maybe someone will chime in with a different perspective.

Good to know. I've seen the map light replacements listed separately on Amazon with decent reviews. Assumed it wouldn't take an EE degree to replace them. The dome lights are "plug and play" and make a world of difference.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Your best bet is going to Ebay for LEDs. If there is one thing China is good at, it's the LEDs lol. That's where I got mine, just try to get them form the same seller so you end up with the same tone of light. I didn't pay attention to That and I ended up with slightly different color led between front and the rear domes, it bugged me for a while but I was too lazy to order new ones, am just happy to have a lot more light inside. Also they are different size bulbs between front and rear, I believe the bulb numbers are listed in the manual. As far as the map light in the rear view mirror, I took it off but and it looks like the LED is built onto a little circuit board inside there so I just left it alone. Also the LED bulbs are cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Your best bet is going to Ebay for LEDs. If here is one thing China is good at, it's the LEDs lol. That's where I got mine, just try to get them form the same seller so you end up with the same tone of light. I didn't pay attention to That and I ended up with slightly different color led between front and the rear domes, it bugged me for a while but I was too lazy to order new ones, am just happy to have a lot more light inside. Also they are different size bulbs between front and rear, I believe the bulb numbers are listed in the manual. As far as the map light in the rear view mirror, I took it off but and it looks like the LED is built onto a little circuit board inside there so I just left it alone. Also the LED bulbs are cheap.

Agreed. I've had Chinese LEDs in the WJ for a few years now with no issues. 20 bucks for the whole package. I found a seller on eBay that had a good reputation score.

Something like this as an example:

11111.jpg

22222.jpg

Last edited:

Frydaddy

If its anything like the 2013 JKs, The rear dome is 44mm festoon type, and the front two lights are T10. I would recommend a color temperature below 5500K as anything above that has that ridiculous blue hue.

This is what I used (Amazon [FONT=&quot]http://a.co/hFYA1PF) Note how it doesn't mention the horrible 6000K+ color temperature.

[/FONT]

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I would like to buy an LED interior light replacement package for my 2015 JKUR.

I have a set for my 2012 that work great.

Anyone have a link to purchase a package to replace all interior bulbs? Preferable an Amazon link?

I used the premium 8000k LED's from Precision LED. There's pictures in my build thread comparing them to stock. I'm sure you can find cheaper solutions. As mentioned above I. Relieve the map lights on the mirror are soldered in. I just did the domes but it made a big difference.

tgoss

Yeah, the map light CAN be done, if you are comfortable taking out the circuit board and soldering in two LED's... I would recommend just unplugging that part of the mirror.

I've been using the Putco kit for the last 2 years with no issues.

Frydaddy

I used the premium 8000k LED's from Precision LED. There's pictures in my build thread comparing them to stock. I'm sure you can find cheaper solutions. As mentioned above I. Relieve the map lights on the mirror are soldered in. I just did the domes but it made a big difference.

8000K?! Wow, that must be really blue considering "Daylight" light bulbs are already blueish at only 5000K-6500K ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

longarmwj

I used superbrightleds.com for my JKs interior lights and tag light. I’ve also used them for lights for my WK2 as well as WJ and Maxima when I had it. Cheap as hell and they have vehicle specific layout that shows exactly what type of bulb goes where making it pretty much fool proof.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I used superbrightleds.com for my JKs interior lights and tag light. I’ve also used them for lights for my WK2 as well as WJ and Maxima when I had it. Cheap as hell and they have vehicle specific layout that shows exactly what type of bulb goes where making it pretty much fool proof.

They are a good price. Are they very bright? Since I only have the two dome light bulbs in my jeep I want the most light output possible

Top Bottom