So Cal - August 5-6

fiend

Caught the Bug
I'll be heading to Big Bear August 4-6. Current plan is to wheel Mottino Wash and Heartbreak Ridge on Saturday. Maybe more after that, time permitting. Driver's meeting at 9 am Saturday. Location: HWY 38 and 2N01 (Broom Flat) junction. 34°12'26.7"N 116°44'13.3"W

Sunday is open, depending upon turnout, skill, and interest. Possibly Holcomb and Dishpan. Meet 9 am Sunday at the Discovery Center.

I'll be camping Friday and Saturday nights at Heart Bar C.G., site 19.

F.Y.I.

1. You may experience body damage.

2. No rig left behind mentality. So if you're not willing to stack rocks or help give a tug where needed you need not sign up.

3. WAYALIFE members only. We need to keep the group manageable. Don't invite all your buddies.

4. NO STOCK JEEPS....

Required~

35s or larger tires
Front/Rear tow points
Rock sliders and skid plates
Fire extinguisher
Good attitudes a must (Don't be that guy)
B.Y.O.A Bring your own air
Personal food and water

Recommended~
Lockers
winch
First Aid kit
Tow strap
CB radio

PM me if you are in and tell me which days. I will keep a roster. Would very much like to cap each day at 10 or so. Also let me know if you can or want to lead any parts of this run. Of these, I have only done Holcomb so ...

Roll call will be held Friday Aug. 4. Here is the current list. Post or PM updates.

Saturday:
1. fiend
2. tgoss
3. Alstew
4. M_Savage
5. Seansheds
6. dillard09
7. Kristinthemermaid
8. Journeyman

Sunday:
1. fiend
2. Baddestcross

Last edited:

seansheds

Wife and kids will be out of town, so I'm itchin' to get out on the trails. Anyone up for a day or weekend session? Maybe Big Bear or Cougar Buttes or ...?

My wife and kid will be out of town too. There's a chance I may head up to the Eastern Sierra to hit some alpine lakes, but if not then I'm in. I'll keep you posted.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a few ideas I'm looking at and will post more info in a few days. Likely Big Bear to escape the heat. Maybe a harder day and an easier day.

seansheds

I have a few ideas I'm looking at and will post more info in a few days. Likely Big Bear to escape the heat. Maybe a harder day and an easier day.

I like escaping some heat. CB will be hot as hell. Count me in for at least one day, maybe both.

fiend

Caught the Bug
At this point I'm thinking about Mottino Wash one day and Heartbreak Ridge a second day. Both at the eastern side of the Big Bear area. I'll be camping at Heart Bar on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone who is interested can reserve a spot at reserveusa.com.

fiend

Caught the Bug
At this point I'm thinking about Mottino Wash one day and Heartbreak Ridge a second day. Both at the eastern side of the Big Bear area. I'll be camping at Heart Bar on Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone who is interested can reserve a spot at reserveusa.com.

seansheds

You can run Mottino and John Bull in one day. It takes longer to get to and from Mottino than actually running it I think. We met at 9am, got to Mottino around 11:30, and finished both around 7.

Top Bottom