Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    You can pick up a spill kit from O'reilly for about $30 and it has everything you need.
    Thanks for the lead. That and a CB and I'm all set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bring cash for camping at Rubicon Springs. It's $10 or $15 per night, per Jeep, I think. They will come around to your site and collect it. There can be an occasional bear (rarely). I've heard stories of bears stealing food from coolers.

Doesn't know shit about wheeling Crystaliner's Avatar
    You can pick up a spill kit from O'reilly for about $30 and it has everything you need.
    Not at a O'reillys near me (Oc). Online only

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaliner View Post

This is something I need to get soon as well. I just merged all of our Spill Kit Threads into one here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...uid-Spill-Kits

Seems like either the Oreillys kit or one on Amazon is what most members here are using.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaliner View Post

Yeah I wasn't sure until I called my local one. Fortunately I have 3 in my immediate area one of which is a distribution center. Anything I order through my local store can be had same day if its in stock at the warehouse. They also carry Spicer u-joints which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Moochie View Post
    Bring cash for camping at Rubicon Springs. It's $10 or $15 per night, per Jeep, I think. They will come around to your site and collect it. There can be an occasional bear (rarely). I've heard stories of bears stealing food from coolers.
    Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated.

I have this one. Over paid thru Amazon, but it showed up at my door

Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mizippi View Post
    Rubicon Trail -

...PM me if you are interested.

2)
    Hey Mizippi, hope I'm not asking too many stupid questions.

(Btw, thePM thing said your inbox was full so here we go with a public post laying out my question for all the Jeeping world to see, LOL)

Anyway, My main rig is all set for the trip, other than I'm getting a CB radio put in next week. Front and rear lockers, lifted, 35 inch tires, typical Rubicon skid plates plus a few more, 4" lift, Winch, etc.

I was going to bring my 1960 CJ along for my out-of-state kid to drive. It's been lifted, rebuilt engine and tranny, winch and CB all set. Trouble is, no lockers. I think according to the guidelines you've posted I can't bring this rig along because of the lockers. Is that correct?

No hard feelings if I can't, but if there was someway I took responsibility for getting it out of any jams, are the rules flexible at all? Ideally I would love to bring it along but if you need to set the limits there, I understand.

Can you let me know? I didn't need this to be a public post I just need to know about my specific vehicle. Thanks, man.

Last edited by Kenthejeepguy; 08-01-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Rubicon Trail - September 17 -20, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Kenthejeepguy View Post
    Hey Mizippi, hope I'm not asking too many stupid questions.

(Btw, thePM thing said your inbox was full so here we go with a public post laying out my question for all the Jeeping world to see, LOL)

Anyway, My main rig is all set for the trip, other than I'm getting a CB radio put in next week. Front and rear lockers, lifted, 35 inch tires, typical Rubicon skid plates plus a few more, 4" lift, Winch, etc.

I was going to bring my 1960 CJ along for my out-of-state kid to drive. It's been lifted, rebuilt engine and tranny, winch and CB all set. Trouble is, no lockers. I think according to the guidelines you've posted I can't bring this rig along because of the lockers. Is that correct?

No hard feelings if I can't, but if there was someway I took responsibility for getting it out of any jams, are the rules flexible at all? Ideally I would love to bring it along but if you need to set the limits there, I understand.

Can you let me know? I didn't need this to be a public post I just need to know about my specific vehicle. Thanks, man.

Fine with me. We don't have 20 Jeeps going, so we will just be ready to winch and move forward.

(Cleaned up my inbox. Thx for the heads up)
    Last edited by Mizippi; 08-02-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizippi View Post
    Fine with me. We don't have 20 Jeeps going, we will just be ready to winch and move forward.

(Cleaned up my inbox. Thx for the heads up)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast