Dust Ershim

Kenthejeepguy

Any talk of a group to do the Dusy Ershim trail this year? Don't know much about it but it looks fun. ( my phone spell "corrected" dusy to dust. Could've at least made it say "dusty"!)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I could be wrong but I doubt the trail is even open yet. There have been years where it hadn't until the end of summer. That being said, "Dusty" would be an appropriate name for it :D

ob_tj

It won't open till late in the season this year. If I were you I would call up the high Sierra ranger district office of the Sierra National Forest to see if they even have an idea on an open date.

RSQCON

Just got back from a trip up to the Sierras and camped at Courtright Reservoir. Sign says Dusy opens August 1 but there are still a lot of trails closed up in that area. Just listened to the latest High Sierra 4x4 podcast and they are saying that it might not open at all this year.

Kenthejeepguy

Just got back from a trip up to the Sierras and camped at Courtright Reservoir. Sign says Dusy opens August 1 but there are still a lot of trails closed up in that area. Just listened to the latest High Sierra 4x4 podcast and they are saying that it might not open at all this year.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the update.

Top Bottom