Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Abntroop View Post
    Fiend, thoughts? Wasn’t sure on whether you were asking out of curiosity to see it in person, or with doubt as to whether bringing it was a good idea?

Typed on my iPhone with my Jimmy Dean sausage fingers
    I don’t have personal experience with off-road trailers. I seem to recall seeing some YouTube videos of a guy than ran the Rubicon with one similar to yours. I think it’d be doable but it would slow you down a bit. The Rubicon isn’t super technical but it is fairly relentless. Taking a trailer would be an adventure, so if you have that mindset and are prepared with tools, time, and patience for the possible complications ....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I don’t have personal experience with off-road trailers. I seem to recall seeing some YouTube videos of a guy than ran the Rubicon with one similar to yours. I think it’d be doable but it would slow you down a bit. The Rubicon isn’t super technical but it is fairly relentless. Taking a trailer would be an adventure, so if you have that mindset and are prepared with tools, time, and patience for the possible complications ....

Ah, ok. We are on the same page then. I’ve seen a handful of videos of folks tackling the Rubi w. Trailers like mine. Suffice to say this one is not a monkey see monkey do. Put a lot of effort into this restomod and don’t wish to do it unless I feel confident in my own skills. Either way, the more thought I put in to it, the less I like the idea of pulling a trailer for my first time. Would rather run without so I can make a more personally educated decision for the next time. I have “keep it simple stupid!” Blaring from one side of my brain

Matthew Nicholas
    The Wampa- 16’ JK Rubicon Hard Rock
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

In an ideal world, yes. For as many miles and states as I’ve pulled it (this Jeep is the 3rd rig we have pulled it with) I haven’t done much hardcore wheeling with it other than brief bits here and there to get somewhere off the beaten path we wanted to be. Rubi is a whole different animal, I built it with trails like the Rubi in mind, so I’ll be practicing and pushing as much as I can and make a legit gut decision as to whether I will pull it this year or wait til next. Honestly though, regardless, even if I do reach that comfort zone, I won’t bring it without the groups thumbs up as we all know the reality is that it will slow things down a smidge. I pushed the off camber shit today and that independent suspension shines. Between that, the load, and slow controlled driving it did not seem keen to flop. It will see that trail at some point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ah, ok. We are on the same page then. I’ve seen a handful of videos of folks tackling the Rubi w. Trailers like mine. Suffice to say this one is not a monkey see monkey do. Put a lot of effort into this restomod and don’t wish to do it unless I feel confident in my own skills. Either way, the more thought I put in to it, the less I like the idea of pulling a trailer for my first time. Would rather run without so I can make a more personally educated decision for the next time. I have “keep it simple stupid!” Blaring from one side of my brain

It can be done...I've seen the local Jeep club pull small trailers with construction tools to maintain the trail...

I couldn't tell what kind of hitch you have; if it's a ball coupler, you might want to get a maxi hitch to increase articulation at the hitch...and be prepared to unhitch and winch the trailer over obstacles...it will definitely slow the group down...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    It can be done...I've seen the local Jeep club pull small trailers with construction tools to maintain the trail...

I couldn't tell what kind of hitch you have; if it's a ball coupler, you might want to get a maxi hitch to increase articulation at the hitch...and be prepared to unhitch and winch the trailer over obstacles...it will definitely slow the group down...
    Negative, built it with a lock n roll hitch.
    https://locknroll.com

Matthew Nicholas
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the RECOMMENDED-Jeep-Parts-amp-Accessories section of this forum will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Negative, built it with a lock n roll hitch.
    https://locknroll.com

that'll work...

that'll work...
    Yup

Matthew Nicholas

$43 invested so far. Another $11.50 or so and she'll be ready for action!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Airing out the James Baroud rtt...

Attached Images Attached Images

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar
    ...as always, very nice setup Sir!

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast