Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Nothing but a Thing Overland_stormtrooper's Avatar

what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

ok so I have been looking at all kinds of trailers......................... camp trailers , travel trailers , teardrop trailers , converted cargo haulers , pop up campers and just about thing that can be lived out of regardless of what it was ... I already know I am going to be going full time travelling within the next few years to get out the rat race ......I know I need something a bit off road capable as the forest roads and blm roads/trails aren't always in the best of shape and this is where I will be spending a fair amount of time as its free, but I also plan to do a fair amount of the N.P. and being as off the grid in general as much as possible .....

what I wanna know is what type of trailer you chose and why you chose that type doesn't matter if your living out of like what I wanna do or if you just pull it out once a yr for some off road travels .. doesn't matter if it is a fully loaded and bought or if you happened to make it yourself and outfitted how you wanted it to be ... show some shots of it , give some details on weight and how it is outfitted , options you picked and why , tanks size , solar , no solar (already know I will have solar no matter what I wind up in)..... how well it pulls , affect on your mpg ( ya I know its gonna go in the toilet if its a full travel trailer ) ....... but just think of all the questions you had in your head when ya got to looking at different options and till you found what ya wanted ... that's where I'm at right now ..

I ended up with a 1963 aristocratic. I rolled the axel, gave it about 5" of lift. 10 gal gravity water tank, I also carry water to refill the tank. It has 110 plug in, but I have a full solar power system in it as well. Fuel mileage goes to shit. Here is a shot of it next to loon lake IMG_3646.jpg

Edit: this shot is before I rolled the axel, for the lift. I bottomed it out getting out of this spot.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by black pearl; 07-20-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    I ended up with a 1963 aristocratic. I rolled the axel, gave it about 5" of lift. 10 gal gravity water tank, I also carry water to refill the tank. It has 110 plug in, but I have a full solar power system in it as well. Fuel mileage goes to shit. Here is a shot of it next to loon lake IMG_3646.jpg

thanks man , not a bad looking little trailer ... am looking at everything like I said but I also know that most times we will set up a base camp and run trails from there but I also know I want to do things like WABR that a bit long in order to do that ..

Quote Originally Posted by Overland_stormtrooper View Post
    thanks man , not a bad looking little trailer ... am looking at everything like I said but I also know that most times we will set up a base camp and run trails from there but I also know I want to do things like WABR that a bit long in order to do that ..
    Yeah mine is definitely a base camp set up. I was really surprised how well it handles dirt roads/fire trails though. I'll be building one for the rocks/over landing here soon I hope.

Take what you can! Give nothing back!

understand that ... and that's most of the sort of thing I do now ... i'll base out from somewhere and run from there while i'm in the area , but I know things like WABR ,Mojave road it would be simpler to just pull it on down instead of backtracking and needing to get it afterwards ...so being able to get it off road is a bit of a must for what I'm looking at ... but at same time I wont rule out something that isn't as capable as I might wish it was if it seems like the right option for me and my budget which at the moment is a bit open ended as I know I'm still a few yrs from doing this ...

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar

So, as of right now, I'd say skip the Forest River R-Pod. It's cool and all, but too much stuff is F'd up, for it to be a brand new trailer.
    IMG_9807.jpg

Last edited by notnalc68; 07-21-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

I'm currently rocking a fully restored 84 Coleman pop up. Killer deal on it so couldn't refuse drove 318 miles one way to pick it up. Holds 10 Gallons of water and I bring extra to refill. Easy on the fuel mileage as well. Unloaded it only weighs 940lbs opens up to 19ft 8 inches only paid $600 for it

IMG_20170718_143748819.jpg

01212_kuoO8zrNU41_600x450.jpg

00p0p_f0hDWMQmuZC_600x450.jpg

00808_kWlsFh91ovq_600x450.jpg

08 jk unlimited

, flat fenders, rugged ridge xhd bumper,tuff stuff 12,500lb winch,35x12.5x17 Toyo at2s 6speed superchips equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by North208jeeper View Post
    I'm currently rocking a fully restored 84 Coleman pop up. Killer deal on it so couldn't refuse drove 318 miles one way to pick it up. Holds 10 Gallons of water and I bring extra to refill. Easy on the fuel mileage as well. Unloaded it only weighs 940lbs opens up to 19ft 8 inches only paid $600 for it

IMG_20170718_143748819.jpg

01212_kuoO8zrNU41_600x450.jpg

00p0p_f0hDWMQmuZC_600x450.jpg

00808_kWlsFh91ovq_600x450.jpg

08 jk unlimited

, flat fenders, rugged ridge xhd bumper,tuff stuff 12,500lb winch,35x12.5x17 Toyo at2s 6speed superchips equipped.
    Nice!

20170211_135856.jpg47721.pngsome wheeling trips we mount the tent to the gooseneck
    FB_IMG_1495210745559.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_5987.jpg

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast