New purchase

Jaykilty

I thought my first post would be a picture of my new rig but that's not gonna happen. Went and looked at a 2012 JK Rubicon today. In fact payed a transfer fee to get it to the dealer ship. The thing is really clean, 30,000 miles all stock. So went to take for a test drive and it wouldn't start. Cranked over just fine. But no go. So I walked away and twenty minutes later get call from the dealer saying there was a light on in the back they jumped it and it started right up. There's no way that battery was even close to being dead. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

WJCO

Meme King
Unless it's a diesel...........an engine that cranks fine but won't start, has nothing to do with the battery. Sorry you had to deal with that bullshit.

J

JKDream

Unless it's a diesel...........an engine that cranks fine but won't start, has nothing to do with the battery. Sorry you had to deal with that bullshit.
Not entirely true. A loose ground would cause the issue described above.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Causing it to crank but not start? Haven't heard of that. Either way, the salesman told him it was a light left on and it drained the battery.
Yes. I had that happen when I had a line hooked up to the clamping nut on the terminal. Cranked hard but wouldn't turn on. Removed it, started fine. Agreed on the second part, but then again it's a sales person haha.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jaykilty

Thanks for the reply. Now I'll fight with myself over the weekend to eat the transfer fee and walk, or use it as a reason to drop the price. Quick question. It's manual six speed does the clutch have a safety switch on it ?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom