Possible road trip to Ohio

black pearl

Hooked
We are starting to plan a trip, to visit family in Ohio. My first and most important question is, what good wheeling is there around the elyria area?[emoji12] I don't have the full route planned yet, but want to find BLM land to camp on the way , to cut down on travel costs. Any cool spots you've stayed at, between California and Ohio. Thanks in advance [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
We are starting to plan a trip, to visit family in Ohio. My first and most important question is, what good wheeling is there around the elyria area?[emoji12] I don't have the full route planned yet, but want to find BLM land to camp on the way , to cut down on travel costs. Any cool spots you've stayed at, between California and Ohio. Thanks in advance [emoji846]

When are you coming to Ohio?

If your interested Rausch creek is about 5 hours from there and I could plan a trip around you coming. Just let me know.

Otherwise can't help you with what's along the way from cali to Ohio, sorry

black pearl

Hooked
When are you coming to Ohio?

If your interested Rausch creek is about 5 hours from there and I could plan a trip around you coming. Just let me know.

Otherwise can't help you with what's along the way from cali to Ohio, sorry

No set dates yet, but I'm hoping fall. I'll have to run that by the wife, she does have more family in Philadelphia. [emoji12]Not sure it's feasible though on this trip, if we drive out.

mstraw9379

Before I had the Jeep I moved my family from Columbus to San Diego. We stopped at a few places if you are taking a southern route. Tombstone, AZ. Carlsbad Caverns. The Alamo. Taliesen West in Phoenix.
Just a couple places.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Before I had the Jeep I moved my family from Columbus to San Diego. We stopped at a few places if you are taking a southern route. Tombstone, AZ. Carlsbad Caverns. The Alamo. Taliesen West in Phoenix.
Just a couple places.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would love to take the more southern route, as I haven't been through that part in 10 years. I really enjoyed it the last time I was in the south west. Well be leaving from the northern half of California, and probably do a straight shot across.

bill.turner

Bundy hill in Jerome Michigan is about 2 1/2 hours from Elyria. A decent off-road park. Wellsville Ohio has good Wheeling. Is about two hours from Elyria. Both would be good options for you.

jmjung

I know there are a couple off road parks in Indiana on the way through. There's Haspin Acres in Laurel Indiana that's a local favorite. You can also camp there. There's also redbird state recreational park that's located a little south of Terre Haute Indiana.

Also heard about an event called jeep jam in Wilmington Ohio august 18th-20th. Don't know how big it is or anything, I've never been, but there's supposed the be some trails and vendors. Let me know if you go!

black pearl

Hooked
I may have jumped the gun, on starting to plan out the trip. The wife and I were talking, and she's not sure she want to go see her family now. But instead spend the ten days wheeling, between Colorado and Utah. Honestly I'm alright with this change. [emoji23]

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I may have jumped the gun, on starting to plan out the trip. The wife and I were talking, and she's not sure she want to go see her family now. But instead spend the ten days wheeling, between Colorado and Utah. Honestly I'm alright with this change. [emoji23]

LOL have fun in Colorado and Utah.... [emoji106]

Top Bottom