PRESS RELEASE : Meet The New Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't already seen it, PSC has just released a first look at their all new Meet Jeep JK BIG BORE XDII-R. This will be shipping Late August and will retail for $1350.00.

New features Include
• 85MM Piston
• 45MM Sector Shaft
• 6 Bolt Monster Top Cover
• 5 Pounds more Material added around bolt pattern
• High Flow Ported Tower for Cylinder Assist
• Direct Bolt in

20170721145436-8c79af69.jpg

J

JKDream

The original xd model wasn't ported for a ram assist. This one is
You can order it from PSC ported. I'm more wondering if this is a revision of the design because of the defective units that were shipping. Quite a few members had issues with them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Unclear what the point of this is. A hydro assist with ram takes stress off the box and sector shaft. So why the need to beef those up with a ported box that presumably will be used with a ram?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unclear what the point of this is. A hydro assist with ram takes stress off the box and sector shaft. So why the need to beef those up with a ported box that presumably will be used with a ram?

A ram assist helps big time to reduce the stress on a sector shaft but if you run big enough tires and play a lot on hard enough obstacles, you can still break one. Ask me how I know. :crazyeyes:

fiend

Caught the Bug
You broke a sector shaft on a rig with a ram assist? Anything else break? What were the circumstances? Must have been a PITA.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You broke a sector shaft on a rig with a ram assist? Anything else break? What were the circumstances? Must have been a PITA.

When it finally broke, we were on the Rubicon and just pulling over to the side of the trail to let on coming traffic by. Nothing significant and really, nothing even worth mentioning. From the look of things, the sector shaft had been breaking for a while and just chose then to finally go. The crazy thing is, with a ram assist, you still have just a bit of steering - maybe 10% but still, it's better than nothing. Fortunately, we had a spare and was able to swap it out on the trail. Oh, and yes, that was a PITA. :crazyeyes:

JKbrick

When it finally broke, we were on the Rubicon and just pulling over to the side of the trail to let on coming traffic by. Nothing significant and really, nothing even worth mentioning. From the look of things, the sector shaft had been breaking for a while and just chose then to finally go. The crazy thing is, with a ram assist, you still have just a bit of steering - maybe 10% but still, it's better than nothing. Fortunately, we had a spare and was able to swap it out on the trail. Oh, and yes, that was a PITA. :crazyeyes:

Wow, good thing you had a spare steering box. Would have never thought to carry one of those

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn, I just installed mine two weeks ago!! It would have been nice to have had it pre ported if And when I ever upgraded to a ram too. What problems have members had on the XD box?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I'm curious, I have seen any issues with it care to elaborate? I just got a new psc hd box so that's why I ask.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't really want to drag the thread off track but I'll explain a bit.
Apparently they had a bunch of units shipped out that were machined incorrectly and unusable.
One of the members on here is on his third box.

Top Bottom