From OC to LV - Fly or Drive?

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I'm taking a business trip to Las Vegas from Orange County, CA next month and have the option to drive or fly. I was thinking of taking the jeep and getting lost in the mountains on the way. Being new to the community, can anyone recommend any worthwhile trails to take on the way there/back? I'll be driving thru Joshua Tree, Mohave National Preserve, etc. Basically planning on taking the 62 thru twenty nine palms then north to LV. Wondering if I can fit a couple trails in on my Stock Rubicon on the way.

Any ideas?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be hot as hell out there but there's plenty to explore in that area and a stock Jeep is all that you'd need. The bigger question is how much time would you have to play?

matthoef

I'm taking a business trip to Las Vegas from Orange County, CA next month and have the option to drive or fly. I was thinking of taking the jeep and getting lost in the mountains on the way. Being new to the community, can anyone recommend any worthwhile trails to take on the way there/back? I'll be driving thru Joshua Tree, Mohave National Preserve, etc. Basically planning on taking the 62 thru twenty nine palms then north to LV. Wondering if I can fit a couple trails in on my Stock Rubicon on the way.

Any ideas?

There's a ton of trails around Vegas ... you're only limited by the amount of free time you'll have. Mormon Wells Rd just north of town is a nice trail that changes in scenery quite a bit ... takes about 4-5 hrs from HWY 95 to HWY 93 if you don't stop much for pictures or whatever. Look up Trails Offroad, they have a huge database of trails and it'd give you a better idea of where to go/how much time to dedicate to the trail(s). Hope this helps.

jesse3638

Hooked
It's hot at hell and traffic sucks, aside from the trail you may take. Personally I'd fly and wait until it cools off for desert exploration..;). Grab a 6er and relax by the pool..haha

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

SheaVertwot

I would say fly, unless it's your jeep and you can really enjoy wheeling it. A few friends and I drove back from Vegas on a Sunday two weeks ago and it took us 7 hours in traffic back to Hermosa Beach. Summer traffic is insane these days [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Spent a bit of time looking at various trails and decided on Old Dale Road. It's on the way of our original route so it's perfect. Any tips on this trail or things I should worry about other than the heat?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom