Fan upgrade - Lincoln Mk VIII fan on 2010 JK

buenhec

I live in an extreme heat area in the summer. It can range from 110' on the average to 120' with humidity. Add bumper to bumper traffic on top of that. My A/C barely keeps up.

I am about to replace my fan with an MK VIII fan with double the cfm's instead of adding an auxiliary fan. If 500 hp engines can be cooled by it so can my JK.

Has anyone done this on a JK? I wonder if I should use the original connection to the original fan or use a relay and thermosensor.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A JK 3.6L fan alone will do wonders to help keep your engine cooler and it'll be direct bolt up. I know that Motech has been installing Camaro fans as well and with great results. Not sure how you'd get what you're wanting to work but if you can, I'm sure it'd help.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I used to have a gen 2 Mark VIII when I saw this thread I got excited that someone was going to install in their Jeep what I'll refer to as the "crotch fan" that the Mark VIII had below the steering column. :grayno:

I used to have a gen 2 Mark VIII when I saw this thread I got excited that someone was going to install in their Jeep what I'll refer to as the "crotch fan" that the Mark VIII had below the steering column. :grayno:

Dude. Arnt those things great? Hoping the JL has either the crotch fan or cheek chiller seats.

Top Bottom