Lack of real lift kits

kirame2

Was thinking due to a lack of real lift kits, more than 1.5 inches, why not air bags?

Maybe bags could lift it 3 or 4 inches without real strain on the system.

Frydaddy

Years ago, i was thinking of building a bag system. Maybe with some customization, they could help you overcome obstacles and balance better in rough spots. I got quickly shutdown saying that the dirt, rocks sand, and grime would quickly wear out the bags and cause a hole.

I dont know how tough they are nowadays.

tdougherty81

Was thinking due to a lack of real lift kits, more than 1.5 inches, why not air bags?

Maybe bags could lift it 3 or 4 inches without real strain on the system.

Have you tried the 1.5 lift? Makes a big difference with a bigger tires. I think 3 to 4 inches would be crazy on the Renegade system, it's not a Wrangler. Camber would be way off either at ride height or lift height.

hobbz

We need a longarm system like you can get for sxs's. Would cost a small fortune but would be able to lift and widen without issues.

Its a combination of CV angles and alignment. Without offset and angled lift spacers you'd be looking at positive camber. Even with offset and angled strut spacers, the front CV's will max out at around 3" of lift. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but to date (March 16th 2018), both Teraflex and AVID make offset and angled strut spacers for the BU Renegade.

Attachments

• #jeepnanigans 002.jpg
    #jeepnanigans 002.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 157
  • #jeepnanigans 003.jpg
    #jeepnanigans 003.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 152
  • AVID 2.5in Lift Kit 004.jpg
    AVID 2.5in Lift Kit 004.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 161
Top Bottom