Modify existing suspension or change all together?

FearBnR

Hey guys,
First post here. Not sure if this is the right location for this post or if this post already exists elsewhere....I'm sure it does. Been running a 2012 JKU with RE 3.5" for about 2 years. I'm finally ready to make some changes but not ready to drop $2000 up front just at the moment. Any suggestions to beef up my existing suspension or should I just wait until I can change out the whole shebang? Been told some upgraded shocks may be considered but who knows. Big Bear and desert stuff is where I go as of now.

Thanks in advance and glad to be here finally.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FearBnR

Welcome to WAL. You should go post a wave and introduce yourself.

What don't you like about your current lift? What are your end goals for your Jeep?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

The whole set up feels extremely stiff to me with minimal travel. Looking for a bit more play when running about. Went over a small speed bump the other day and my wife hit her head on the window....not the best selling point to keep it for her haha. I feel like I bounce off of obstacles more than I maneuver them if that makes sense.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
EVO plush rides and Rancho shocks seems to be a pretty common set up. Pretty affordable as well, from what I understand.

BaddestCross

Yeah, +1 for a spring and shock swap. EVO Plush Ride or Rancho springs paired with Rancho 9000XL shocks would probably make a world of difference. Also, as mentioned, air pressure has a lot to do with ride quality as well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

The BAD Influence

Caught the Bug
Diddo on tire pressure? I have a RE 3.5 and was so stiff all the doors felt like they were going to vibrate off. A heavy bumper and winch helped the front a little. Then based on information from other Wayalife members, I've aired down to 28 psi and the ride is significantly better. I still may take advantage of the Rancho sale going on right now and get some 9000s, but the psi made a big difference in the ride.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

FearBnR

I tend to sit right about 28-30 PSI on 35' Trail Grapplers. Airing down definitely made a difference for me as well after I got the tires. Being topless season hasn't helped the ride either but worth it where I am. I'm about to load a new bumper into the rear. I'll definitely look into the Rancho deal. Never used to be a big fan of them but have heard they're a different company that what they were when I was a kid.

FearBnR

Running the lower PSI and a new RockHard 4x4 rear bumper helped a ton. Top and doors back on didn’t hurt either. Still afraid to pull the trigger on any shocks. Analysis paralysis.

Top Bottom