Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed mounted spare or none at all?

M ant to say folded tube and zip ties take up little room. Also always carry plugs and food airsource.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dam, I'm tired today, sorry, should always carry an air source and plugs.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    What happens when you get a flat that can't be repaired and you don't have a spare? Leave your Jeep in the field? I don't understand the no spare roll.
    Amen

I'm going to carry a spare, because im a minimum of 5 hrs from home anytime on a trail, but may look into building a mount off the back seat harness bar. Something that clamps on, so I can pull it if I don't like the end result. To me, a spare is a necessary evil. I hate the extra weight, but need to have one. Of the things that break, where does having to change a tire in the field stack up? I haven't wheeled enough, because I have only sliced a sidewall once, but didn't notice it until I was back home.

Good call! Going on a trail, any trail without a spare is just plain stupid! No matter how built-up your jeep is, or isn't, a flat tire can happen to anyone, at anytime. As others have said, don't be that guy.

IMG_0661.jpg

Caught the Bug
    IMG_2002.JPGIMG_2003.jpg. Just had this made today. Completely bolt in

42" Trep Sticky full spare on an AllSouth Autosports custom mount. Fits behind rear seats and under full oem soft/hard top just fine.

On Suicide Hill in AreaBFE Moab.
    Last edited by BigPrince; 08-02-2017 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aTX427 View Post
    OK, cool. In the future just say John, it's a dump idea and we would all be doing it already if it wasn't. J-K, but seriously thank you for giving me insight to what sounds lwhat would have been a waste of time. I was thinking about starting another thread about what spares and tools people carry, but had planned to search the history first.

.....so who in Houston wants to trade a month old Evo Pro Series tire carrier for a fulll size swing out?
    Could maybe find the right buyer at 600 and only spend 400 out of pocket on the swing out carrier. I like the look of spareless and have thought about keeping the 37in the rear but tailgate won't close with the smitty bags. Thought about making a deck that sits above the spare and have tools. But that's a different story with a 40"

Great - thank you for sharing guys. Keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
    42" Trep Sticky full spare on an AllSouth Autosports custom mount. Fits behind rear seats and under full oem soft/hard top just fine.

On Suicide Hill in AreaBFE Moab.
    Big Prince, that is the first JK I've seen running 42" Trep stickies on this site. Do you have street meats as well and do you have a build thread? I'm curious if you went sky high to clear the tires, trimmed the heck out of the body or limited up travel.
    Last edited by aTX427; 08-02-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast