Camper conversion

lopezchris1267

So I picked this up today and I'll be converting it to a camper trailer in the next (don't really know how long ill take) couple months. Any suggestions on on what to add in there? Measures 5x8x4. Ill be adding a side door and Windows. Possibly a moon roof. Ac, bed. Camp kitchen and other things I can't think of. I am open to all suggestions and advise from anyone who has prior experience doing anything like this.

20170725_150158.jpg 20170725_150206.jpg 20170725_150217.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lmoye22

Add a fresh gallon tank and water heater with pump! I used a old M1101 trailer to put a rooftop tent with water. Just load the inside with storage boxes. Wire lights or use rechargeable leds. And exterior lights.
Maybe remove fenders and put bigger tires

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you have the budget and plan on being gone for a few days at a time, solar panels wouldn't be a terrible idea. Also if the doors are strong enough you could fab your camp kitchen into it so when you are parked, you can cook while outside or inside

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Before you start the build, I would verify the load that the trailer's axle and springs can support to ensure you know how much weight you can add to it.

I would also look at the wheel bearings and ensure they are in good shape along with the frame. The pictures show some surface rust which is fine, but it would suck to build up the trailer and then have to fix the frame and/or other structural items.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

Top Bottom