JK Front Spring question

SHHHWAY

So a couple of weeks ago my front passenger spring made it's way out of it's home while wheeling and I subsequently bent my sway bar link in the process. SO I replaced my links with Synergy links that were 1 1/2" longer. I thought that was odd so I ordered new links just to find out they too were the exact same length so I kept the Synergy links. Today I noticed that my drivers side spring was not properly aligned in it's pocket so I jacked it up with the sway bar disconnected and twisted it back into position. My main question is, should my springs be that free when fully articulated with the sway bar disconnected? They literally come out of the seat. Are they too short? May be a stupid question but it just does not seem right to me.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
question is, should my springs be that free when fully articulated with the sway bar disconnected? They literally come out of the seat. Are they too short? May be a stupid question but it just does not seem right to me.

your springs are fine if you like them. your shocks are too long for the springs. You either need longer springs for the shocks you have, or shorter shocks for the springs you have. glass half full, or glass half empty

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
In the front even if your coils get unseated they won't fall out because the bumpstop is inside the spring preventing it form tipping.
In the rear they might fall out. I am going through the same thing on the rear since I installed EVO Rockstars. I am planning to add spring retainers on the axle side and maybe some kind of guide inside the spring up top.

Changing to different shock/spring setups will also correct this problem as stated before

This is how loose my rear coil is at full droop. It's not that bad, but I still want a piece of mind that I won't loose it.
https://youtu.be/lXK5RxgK2nA

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have Fox reservoir 2.0 shocks. I just ordered spring retainers,, maybe that will help? May need to go with longer springs....

Spring retainers will be the easiest/cheapest solution. Did the shocks come with the lift as a kit or did you order them separately?

Top Bottom