What is this panel called?

Arkk1229

Ive tryed searching it but i just cant find it and is it easy to replace? The owners of my tj before me dented the panel.

Attachments

• 1501113348521.jpg
    1501113348521.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 92

RageKage

Thank you do you know how hard they are to replace?

Not sure about on a TJ but on a JK you have to take off the wipers and then there's about 4 or so torques bit bolts to remove and then it's spot welded to the front quarter panel. So to replace it you'd have to drill out the spot welds and either spot weld or use self tapping screws to attach the new one. Not hard at all just a little time consuming. I had to do this when I installed my fender armor up front as it reused the cowl corners.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arkk1229

Not sure about on a TJ but on a JK you have to take off the wipers and then there's about 4 or so torques bit bolts to remove and then it's spot welded to the front quarter panel. So to replace it you'd have to drill out the spot welds and either spot weld or use self tapping screws to attach the new one. Not hard at all just a little time consuming. I had to do this when I installed my fender armor up front as it reused the cowl corners.

Hmm alright doesnt sound to difficult thank you.

jeep life

RageKage

Hmm alright doesnt sound to difficult thank you.

jeep life

No problem. I would recommend using a small drill bit on the spot welds tho. Almost the smallest you can go while still actually drilling out the welds. That way you don't have to use a huge screw if you decide to go that way.

RageKage

My drivers door swung open and the mirror left a nice dent in mine. Stupid mistake.

Glad it's not too hard to replace.

Nope not hard at all. I would highly recommend investing in some cowl covers also. Mine are cheap hard plastic ones stuck on with 3M tape and they haven't budged in 3 years. But they make diamond plate and metal ones also.
These are the ones I went with by rugged ridge. IMG_6561.jpg

Edit: by no means do you "HAVE" to get cowl covers but I've personally seen enough dimple dents that I got some for my peace of mind. Just gotta make sure the door limiting straps are actually on after reinstalling the doors. Lol

Last edited:

BobNH

By the time you have dug in far enough to take them out, why not just pop the dent out? Mine has one on rhe drivers side from the PO, but I havent felt the need to fix it yet, however popping it out was my path.
Though the one the OP has is far worse than the usual mirror dent of the JK.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

RageKage

By the time you have dug in far enough to take them out, why not just pop the dent out? Mine has one on rhe drivers side from the PO, but I havent felt the need to fix it yet, however popping it out was my path.
Though the one the OP has is far worse than the usual mirror dent of the JK.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

True that. I have never had a dent so I never thought about popping it out. I've just seen enough that it convinced me to get the covers. Popping it out would prolly be the easier route tho. But I agree I don't think the OP will be popping that out.

Top Bottom