Looking to upgrade current suspension to evo questions

Itr.#1446

Currently I have an aev 2.5" lift and am looking to purchase a evo lcg bolt on coil over kit. Was wondering what to expect daily driving wise from switching from the aev to the king coilovers. Do they perform about the same or is the coilover better onroad? We do a lot of trips which are a lot of highway miles to get to our destinations and am hoping it will be a better ride on and off-road. If you have made a similar switch could you post some input. Thanks

J

JKDream

Currently I have an aev 2.5" lift and am looking to purchase a evo lcg bolt on coil over kit. Was wondering what to expect daily driving wise from switching from the aev to the king coilovers. Do they perform about the same or is the coilover better onroad? We do a lot of trips which are a lot of highway miles to get to our destinations and am hoping it will be a better ride on and off-road. If you have made a similar switch could you post some input. Thanks

I don't have any experience with the switch, but I have ridden in a coilovered JK.
I would say it's more refined, and better at speed especially. The body roll isn't as dramatic on bumps, and it's not as harsh.
Definitely better off road. No doubt about that.

tgoss

They have a little noise, as to be expected with coilovers. Other than that, you're drastically going to improve every single aspect of the vehicle. Proud of ya, enjoy in good health. :beer:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
While EVO coilovers ride very good on the road, if you really are worried about ride quality which is 100% subjective here would be the better riding on road setup. Ideally long arms will be the best on road ride vs short/mid arms. The evo plush ride coils with 2.5" king shocks will ride better than the coilovers will due to a larger shock body/piston.

tgoss

While EVO coilovers ride very good on the road, if you really are worried about ride quality which is 100% subjective here would be the better riding on road setup. Ideally long arms will be the best on road ride vs short/mid arms. The evo plush ride coils with 2.5" king shocks will ride better than the coilovers will due to a larger shock body/piston.

Second that. Nothing rode better than that set up for me. Had no complaints, good stuff although not as much droop as coilovers. Ride quality was incredible. Super quiet, maintenance free.

aermotor

Second that. Nothing rode better than that set up for me. Had no complaints, good stuff although not as much droop as coilovers. Ride quality was incredible. Super quiet, maintenance free.

Pretty much figures, I have the Plush with King 2.5s and it's so enjoyable, smooth and easy. Maintenance free is also a big plus side.

Just got EVO coilovers though, so I know I'm possibly going to take a bit of a hit in the ride quality, but I think it will be worth it (I hope?) :icon_crazy:

Will have a set of 4" Plus Rides and King 2.5s to sell soon.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Pretty much figures, I have the Plush with King 2.5s and it's so enjoyable, smooth and easy. Maintenance free is also a big plus side.

Just got EVO coilovers though, so I know I'm possibly going to take a bit of a hit in the ride quality, but I think it will be worth it (I hope?) :icon_crazy:

Will have a set of 4" Plus Rides and King 2.5s to sell soon.

Funny I was thinking about going to that setup from my coilovers :doh:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

It's subjective , but I disagree. I think the coilovers ride better than the plush and king shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I went the 2.5 kings adjustable, instead of the coil overs. It rides so well on the road and I have zero complaints off-road. I live in Michigan so the trails are slow, muddy, and rocky. No high speed desert runs for me which was the deciding reason to stay with the 2.5s. They 2.5s are quiet, easy to maintain and greatly improved the ride over the bilstein bypass i had. Just my two cents!

J

JKDream

Good to hear. I just picked up 4" plush rides and king 2.5s for $1000. Didn't really need coil overs.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I went the 2.5 kings adjustable, instead of the coil overs. It rides so well on the road and I have zero complaints off-road. I live in Michigan so the trails are slow, muddy, and rocky. No high speed desert runs for me which was the deciding reason to stay with the 2.5s. They 2.5s are quiet, easy to maintain and greatly improved the ride over the bilstein bypass i had. Just my two cents!

good choice, If i was in the rust belt or east coast I would not even consider running coil-overs.

aermotor

How are the plush rides with the kings on dirt roads? Pretty smooth?

When aired down, extremely soft. I have the King 2.5 adjustable set in the middle in the front and cranked up in the rear and I love it.

Hope the EVO King Coilovers I bought for adjusters will be as good or better, but not really sure until I get them on.

Top Bottom