Phill's Build

BlessedAnger

So I bought a 2011 JK used and completely stock back around 2013. At first, I thought I would just keep it clean and nice for driving around D.C.. Then due to circumstance I ended up back home in the North East Tennessee/South East Kentucky area. I quickly got back to my roots of growing up in the woods, and the trans went out.

This is where it all went south.

I thought lets see what we can get in this thing. I ended up getting an ATS Diesel Trans to put in it, and then I decided I wanted 37's. That is where things went very south. Before this I knew it was a process to 37's, but I wanted to do it right, and do it strong. So currently the jeep is in the shop having some touches done. I went abroad for a while, and left the Jeep. Here are a few photo's of the progression so far. I will have a upgrades list at the bottom, and will post the final progress in the next few days.

I have to give a big shout out to Jay and Zach at Rocky Top Customz in Knoxville, TN.

IMG_1784.JPG

So here it is just after having the JKS J Konnect 3.5'' lift on it. Meh not much.

19989094_1487332451323086_1630460477_n.jpg

The arrival of the ATS Diesel Transmission

18492885_1430589990330666_904378408_n.jpg

Arrival of the Pro Rock 44

20370580_1501280189928312_162438772_n.jpg

Arrival of the Teraflex CRD 60

20217238_1497669736956024_748647727_n.jpg

37'' Nitto Trail Grapplers

20428534_1504885986234399_2080219739_n.jpg

Lets get that out of here

20464179_1504876122902052_1744065944_n.jpg

Where she is at currently. Tearing her down!

All together I got all of the options above to include:

Suspension:
JKS 3.5''
Dual Rate Coil Springs
Fox 2.0 Adventure Series Gas Shocks Front and Rear
JKS Front Adjustable Track Bar
JKS Front Sway Bar Quicker Disconnects
JKS J-Link Front & Rear Lower Control Arms
Front/Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket * Support Gusset
J Flex BumpShocks
Wheels & Tires:
DV8 Beadlocks
37'' Nitto Trail Grapplers
Bumpers:
DV8 FS-14 Front
DV8 RS-9 Rear
DV8 TC-1 Body Mounted Tire Carrier
Armor:
DV8 SR-4 Sliders
DV8 Gen 2 Flattop Fenders
Drivetrain:
Pro Rock 44 Front
Teraflex CRD 60 Rear
5:13
ARB Lockers Front and Rear
Yukon Front and Rear 1350 Shafts
RCV Front 35 Spline Axles
Rear Chromoly 35 Spline Axles
Winch:
Warn VR 10-S Cable
Performance:
ATS Diesel Trans
Mishimoto Oil and Trans Cooler
Throttle Body Spacer
Magnaflow Rockcrawler Exhaust
Lights:
Seward
4'' LED Flodds
7'' Headlight JW Knockoffs
VHT Smoked Signals
Accessories:
Steel Grab Handles
Roll Bar Wraps
Hard or Soft Top
Quick Release Top Bolts
Tail Light Cover
Stubby Antenna
Mopar Slush Mats
SPOD

I will post completed pictures in the next few days, but wanted to throw some enticement out there for the crowd before it all comes together. Decided to just do it all at once so the reveal will be a real crowd pleaser. I was abroad for a while, so I had time to gather all of this up over the past year. Now we are having it all put together for the big reveal. Here is hoping it is as awesome in real life as it is in my head! :rock::rock::rock:

BlessedAnger

ATS Diesel and Axles Are In

Got the ATS Diesel Trans and Torque Converter In. The Axles are in, now it is time for the rest.

20502591_1470579516334318_1694571777_o.jpg

Big Purple

20472277_1470579359667667_1139950896_o.jpg

Boom

20495491_1470579616334308_925501138_o.jpg

Getting Stoked about it

Now we gotta do the bumpers, winch, lights, Yukon Shafts, Break Kit and a few others. Then were off to the Woods!

AZ thanks for the reply, appreciate someone taking notice!

BlessedAnger

Looks good, is the ATS trans geared differently than a stock trans or is it rebuilt to be stronger for diesel applications? [/url]

The name may be a little misleading, the trans isn't for a diesel engine, and is still the same 42RLE Automatic Trans which addresses a lot of the weak point issues in the stock trans. I would be lieing to you if I tried to sit here and pretend I really know what I am talking about when it comes to the real intricacies of transmissions. However the clutch plates are increased, the valve body is modified to apply more pressure to the plates, and the pump assembly is modified. Here is a link to the Trans.

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/productdetail.asp?p=3069408320

When my original trans went out I went to the dealer, and had it checked out. Yup absolutely wrecked and it would cost like 6-7k to replace, I can't remember the exact quote. I decided that didn't sound good so I took it another place that confirmed it was really out, and they again suggested a replace. I didn't have the cash and was about to head overseas at the time, and I had an appointment in Knoxville to have a lift kit put on. It still ran at the time so I took it on down there, and asked them again to check it. Yup shot. I had found this online from ATS Diesel, and with a core return it was exceptionally cheaper than my other quotes, and came in with 500,000 mile warranty.

Now I take it this trans is meant hold up to Jeeps that have superchargers and the like, which mine doesn't.

With the improved shifting, new trans, 500k warranty, and peace of mind this thing is supposed to be overbuilt. I felt it was a good choice. I got a friend that I later found out has a trans from them, and he is satisfied, so overall I feel I came out ahead.

To answer your question more direct it is not geared differently.

JKbrick

The name may be a little misleading, the trans isn't for a diesel engine, and is still the same 42RLE Automatic Trans which addresses a lot of the weak point issues in the stock trans. I would be lieing to you if I tried to sit here and pretend I really know what I am talking about when it comes to the real intricacies of transmissions. However the clutch plates are increased, the valve body is modified to apply more pressure to the plates, and the pump assembly is modified. Here is a link to the Trans.

http://www.atsdiesel.com/ats2/productdetail.asp?p=3069408320

When my original trans went out I went to the dealer, and had it checked out. Yup absolutely wrecked and it would cost like 6-7k to replace, I can't remember the exact quote. I decided that didn't sound good so I took it another place that confirmed it was really out, and they again suggested a replace. I didn't have the cash and was about to head overseas at the time, and I had an appointment in Knoxville to have a lift kit put on. It still ran at the time so I took it on down there, and asked them again to check it. Yup shot. I had found this online from ATS Diesel, and with a core return it was exceptionally cheaper than my other quotes, and came in with 500,000 mile warranty.

Now I take it this trans is meant hold up to Jeeps that have superchargers and the like, which mine doesn't.

With the improved shifting, new trans, 500k warranty, and peace of mind this thing is supposed to be overbuilt. I felt it was a good choice. I got a friend that I later found out has a trans from them, and he is satisfied, so overall I feel I came out ahead.

To answer your question more direct it is not geared differently.

Sounds like you made a good choice! With a 500,000 mile warranty they must be pretty confident they are putting out quality parts

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlessedAnger

Sounds like you made a good choice! With a 500,000 mile warranty they must be pretty confident they are putting out quality parts[/url]

And who else has a giant purple trans sitting under the Jeep! :crazyeyes::crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

Yeah I feel pretty good about it. Excited to feel the changes it does bring! Thanks for checking me out!

BlessedAnger

Dang, that escalated quickly. Nice build! [/url]

Yes it did... After mths of wheeling, and blowing the trans. It all went downhill when I started replacing things, and wanting upgrades. My uncles all had Jeeps when I was growing up, and they kept them years. I guess it sort of came natural for me when I think back on it.

Build looks good. Can't wait to see it on all fours![/url]

Me either, This week it will be done!

BlessedAnger

Yukon Drive Shafts, and Big Break Kit

Here is where my hindsight gets a little 20/20. I got the Big Break Kit from Teraflex when I first started my build, but there are other options out there I think I would have liked a little better. This little hiccup got me really getting more thorough on my research for upgrades. I am satisfied that the kit will perform well, I have no regrets to that regard, but there are a few others I think just would have been cooler overall at a comparable price.

20629151_1475367765855493_124505803_o.jpg

The Yukon 1350 Drive Shafts made their way on.

20628909_1475368239188779_1440371274_o.jpg

I have a couple small things like the above mentioned I would maybe change at this point. This is my first time building up a Jeep, and I have learned a tremendous amount in the process. I am thankful for that. I am not in anyway let down with my build, but I may have given some details other considerations than I did in the beginning at this point.

BlessedAnger

IMG_2030.JPG

Finally got her done. Forgot to add pics for a while. Really enjoying it so far. She was in the Jeep Invasion @ Pigeon Forge on display. Last time it will ever be that clean!

IMG_2016.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom