Rubicon Trail Towing My Overland Trailer

Webe

Here's the youtube link for the video. Got some really good footage at about 14:30 to 17
13407027_10153082327077706_3960338145085680738_n.jpg 13445767_10153082327122706_3770591237437192091_n.jpg

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Very nice! I would love to build an off-road trailer for the same reason.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

RSQCON

What are the details on your trailer? I see you built it yourself did you use plans you found online or copy another build? What are the dimensions, dry weight etc? If you had to build another one what would you change? One thing that I noticed on your build is you have no suspension on the trailer it appeared as though it was just a rigid frame???

Thank you for posting that video. Gives me a better idea as I formulate my trailer plans.

Webe

What are the details on your trailer? I see you built it yourself did you use plans you found online or copy another build? What are the dimensions, dry weight etc? If you had to build another one what would you change? One thing that I noticed on your build is you have no suspension on the trailer it appeared as though it was just a rigid frame???

Thank you for posting that video. Gives me a better idea as I formulate my trailer plans.

It is same width as the jeep 62" x 6'L. Tongue is just long enough to jack knife without hitting trailer. I used 3500lbs half shaft torsion for suspension. Not much bouncing that way plus do to having 37" tires. Total weight full minus the 2 gas cans and extra water I strapped to it it weighs 783 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Webe

As far as what I would change. This one is my proto type. I've started my next trailer. I plan on fiber glass siding instead of 24 ga tin. Also will insulate it as it gets hot inside of trailer on the food and water supply. Also plan on a bigger sink. The water tank is a 10 gal. in which serves my wife and I for 5 days but we have been taking longer expeditions so I will be going to a 15 gal so we have enough for a couple of showers too. I do have hot water on demand with an outdoor shower but haven't used the shower yet. The Tepiu tent is a great tent but the pvc cover is a little to tight and causes zipper issues. So I will try out the CVT Summit RTT this time as their pvc cover is larger. I've designed the plumbing to utilize the water pump to also suck water from a creek to the tank for refills while out in the wilderness on the new trailer. I plan on adding a 200w solar system to recharge the deep cycle as I am adding an electric freezer/refrigerator. As the trailer stands I have used it alot in the last 2 years on original charge of battery but with adding the electric frig it would only last about 40 hrs before needing recharged.

Slimebones

Could you elaborate on the drivetrain you are running? And yes, that is some mighty fine driving there. Looks like a blast. Kudos on recording and editing.

Webe

Could you elaborate on the drivetrain you are running? And yes, that is some mighty fine driving there. Looks like a blast. Kudos on recording and editing.

Drive train: G2 D44 Core front axle, G2 60 high pinion rear axle, 4" Rubicon Express long arm lift, Atlas 4 T-case, 505 Performance 3.8L Stroker motor, front sway bar has been removed.

professorkx

As far as what I would change. This one is my proto type. I've started my next trailer. I plan on fiber glass siding instead of 24 ga tin. Also will insulate it as it gets hot inside of trailer on the food and water supply. Also plan on a bigger sink. The water tank is a 10 gal. in which serves my wife and I for 5 days but we have been taking longer expeditions so I will be going to a 15 gal so we have enough for a couple of showers too. I do have hot water on demand with an outdoor shower but haven't used the shower yet. The Tepiu tent is a great tent but the pvc cover is a little to tight and causes zipper issues. So I will try out the CVT Summit RTT this time as their pvc cover is larger. I've designed the plumbing to utilize the water pump to also suck water from a creek to the tank for refills while out in the wilderness on the new trailer. I plan on adding a 200w solar system to recharge the deep cycle as I am adding an electric freezer/refrigerator. As the trailer stands I have used it alot in the last 2 years on original charge of battery but with adding the electric frig it would only last about 40 hrs before needing recharged.

Nice video, Dan. We are switching to an off road trailer so we can join you guys on some overland trips. Should be ready in a few weeks...

Rick

Top Bottom